Original topic:

Note20 ultra: No cellular network connection when idle

(Topic created on: 12/27/20 3:08 AM)
santosh2
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi,

I'm facing a strange issue in Note20 ultra. It does not connect to cellular network when it is idle and shows 0 signal bars and hence don't receive calls or text.  However, it immediately gets all signal bars when I try to make a outgoing call and call goes well. It gets back to no connection after call is ended.

Already did factory reset, network reset and reboots multiple times, did not help. Already at latest software.

It is a US T-mobile version and unlocked by T-mobile.

I’m using hellmobile sim card.

Here is weirder behavior:

I’ve 3 hellomobile sim cards; issue is with 2 of these simcards only. These sim cards that show problem in Note20 has no problem in at least two other phones.

Contacted Samsung support they redirected me to hellomobile; hellomobile says no problem with sim cards.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Note20
toggle the 2g services, then leave on and see if it can receive calls even with no bars and no connection?
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
I will also think it's hellomobile problem as the phone works with 1 of 3 SIM cards. Request to have 2 new SIM cards to replace the problem cards. Hope they can support you on the request, and program them correctly to work.
0 Likes
Mcpaula
Astronaut
Options
Note20
mine is similar, but opposite. I have T mobile sim, 0-1 bars of service, I receive data and texts when I am in house near home WiFi, receive minimal data in town. I received a call while in the T mobile office. I have have not received any calls since, (over a week ), I cannot make any calls. No one can call me. We tried it. when I try to call out, it says I am not recognized on the network, I have spent hours with customer service, and driven to T mobile twice, over an hour away, with no resolution. Please help.
Mcpaula
Astronaut
Options
Note20
my phone is paid for... and they locked my sim
0 Likes
tcbcapri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
So. I've got the same SM-N986U as you, but with slightly more abstract presentation. I still owe on it, so therefore it's locked. at least so T-mobile is showing. My actually device says it's permanently unlocked.

This rabbit hole gets considerably deeper. I've got 2 instances of an OS in the android recovery menu. reception randomly jumps from full to nothing, to seemingly analog reception only (I know, not possible.)

I believe, as in I'm guessing based on what little I know, that this was originally slated to be a Sprint phone, and it was reflashed to T-MO.

there's been no malicious activity, just really hateful.

the tech seems to think I indeed have a compromised phone, but I don'twant to be one of those people and lean into that.

I have found entering the antenna service menu via *#0011# is a good way to have your phone suddenly "remember" what it's doing.

you may also check to see about the vSim service, and going to your software menu within the status menu, and setting about any carrier configuration updates by helloWhoever
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report.

0 Likes