cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Note20Ultra apparently exclusively uses faulty display panels

I recently got my note20 ultra, was very happy with the snappy performance until I noticed that there is an image retention problem. For those who don't know what that is, it is when you have a static screen for an extended period of time and switch to a new screen, the image leaves remnants of the previous screen. 
Upon seeing this, I contacted Samsung right away to get a replacement. Samsung agents had no idea how to even deal with this and routed me to 4 separate agents from sales to tech support to sales to tech support again, finally the agent recommends that I cancel the current order and place an order for another note20 ultra. So I go ahead and do that. 2 days later my new note20 ultra arrives that exhibits the same problem. I contact Samsung support line again, and this time, I am recommended to take it to an authorized repair shop nearby. I take my phone and show them the problem, they perform display replacement which took 2.5 hours. I finally get my phone back with a new display which EXHIBITS THE SAME GHOSTING ISSUE AGAIN. I went through three separate note20 ultra display panels and not one is without fault. My note 8 that I used for 3 years does not have this problem to this day but my $1300 brand new phone, even after replacing the display, has the same issue. I am greatly disappointed in not only Samsung's inability to make a non-faulty phone, but also completely botching the customer support experience.
If you are on the fence about spending $1300 on a brand new Samsung phone, make sure that you are ok with faulty displays and unacceptable level of customer support.

first picture is held for 15 seconds for the sake of this test, but remnants are visible just 2 seconds after having a static image. second image should display solid gray, but you can see the remnants of checkerboard pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note20Ultra apparently exclusively uses faulty display panels

did you ever get this resolved?
Constellation

Re: Re: Note20Ultra apparently exclusively uses faulty display panels

No, Samsung is wishy washy about whether this is even a display fault. I've already returned my trade-in note8, so I am stuck with note20 ultra. It isn't permanent and shouldn't pose any problem in normal use, but Samsung's response was anything but consistent. At this point, I'm not even sure if this is a potential problem down the road or not, and it seems like Samsung doesn't either.
Astronaut

Re: Note20Ultra apparently exclusively uses faulty display panels

I didn't have that problem with screen, but definitely with the Samsung reps about note20ultra sound quality of Bluetooth they acted like they new nothing. said I had to send phone back and wait until they sent me another. why you can't send one and I put this one in the box and send... But I asked would the other be the same defect .because thats the 1st thing I saw when I joined the group.