JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications sounds after clearing

(Topic created on: 12/9/20 8:33 AM)
user6s15GcPdME
Constellation
Options
Note20

When I clear all my notifications, the sounds will go off. It mainly happens with emails. So sometimes I will clear out 10 emails and then I get 10 email notification sounds immediately after that. This has happened on all my phones for the last couple of years. I've only seen one post about this and there was no fix for it a couple of years ago

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly for further assistance at 1-800-726-7864. They will be able to remote into your device, and see the symptoms you are experiencing.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. Do you notice a pattern to the symptoms you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6s15GcPdME
Constellation
Options
Note20

It happens every time I clear my messages. There's not pattern about it. I pull down the menu to see the notifications. I clear the notifications and next you know, for every email that is cleared, the notification goes off. It even happens when it's on vibrate, in which the phone is vibrating the whole time for every email.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Are you using the stock e-mail app when you are experiencing these symptoms?

0 Likes
user6s15GcPdME
Constellation
Options
Note20

It happens with all email apps, stock email, gmail, outlook

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

What email server are you using?

Do you have read notifications on?

Does this happen with multiple email addresses?

Did you come from iPhone to android when this started?

Is your email personal or corporate?

Have you checked the email account settings on the pc?

Is your phone synced to another device?

0 Likes
user6s15GcPdME
Constellation
Options
Note20

What email server are you using? This has happened on different emails, not just one.

Do you have read notifications on? No.

Does this happen with multiple email addresses? Yes, multiple emails. gmails, exchange

Did you come from iPhone to android when this started? Never had an iphone, and it's happened all android phones.

Is your email personal or corporate? Both.

Have you checked the email account settings on the pc? Yes, has no bearing on what happens on the phone.

Is your phone synced to another device? Of course, but it happens no matter where I check the emails.

To let you know my level competency. I am a software developer/architect. As it's been happening for over the last few years on different phones and different email apps. I've been using the Note since 9 and currently using the Note20. Before then, I was on the S7. It's happened on all these phones. I had never posted about it before because it didn't matter to me before, but it happened during one of my meetings where the phone went off for literally 5 mins and disrupted my  meeting. The second time, it was on vibrate and vibrated for a long time and can be heard by everyone in the room, thus disrupting the meeting. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly for further assistance at 1-800-726-7864. They will be able to remote into your device, and see the symptoms you are experiencing.

View solution in context

latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

weird..

first time hearing any issues like this. 

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes