Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Spec Comparison Thread: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra vs. Galaxy Note 10+

(Topic created: 09-25-2020 09:10 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Note20

ince its inception, the Note family has been designed with both work and play in mind, catering to all users whether they are looking for a functional device for work, or a powerful innovative place to express their creativity. No matter if we’re talking about the S-Pen, the Multi-Camera system, or the memory and battery; the Galaxy Note family has always pushed the limits in productivity and power.

Last month we were proud to announce the release of our newest Note devices (the Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra) at our very first virtual Unpacked event. Samsung’s most feature-packed flagship yet builds on last year’s release with updates in the areas that Note users care about most. An advanced S Pen, an 8K camera, an immersive 120Hz display and the fastest processor the Galaxy family’s ever seen are just a few of the many upgrades that make the Galaxy Note20 Ultra a productivity powerhouse.

Check out the infographic below to learn more about how Samsung enhanced its newest Note! What are YOUR favorite features when it comes to the Note family, or the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra specifically?Galaxy-Note20-Ultra-Spec-Comparison-ENF.jpg

Want to dig deeper into the Note 20,  Note 20 Ultra and their Specs? Learn more: https://j.mp/32Ym3NY

141 Replies
cleith90
Astronaut
Options
Note20
love it
0 Likes
PenguinX
Halo
Options
Note20
honestly I'm looking at the specs and I'm not seeing a big difference. I think I waisted my money buying the note 20 ultra....should have just gotten the note 10
Daisymone
Halo
Options
Note20
I got the note 20. the one thing that sold me was the flat screen. I was truly tired of the curve screen.
0 Likes
Samsung_qShJrOD
Astronaut
Options
Note20
22 2222rxw
0 Likes
Lore125
Constellation
Options
Note20
I'm very happy with my Note 10+ and specially with this graphic and other videos it doesn't justify a change, for me.
jjandhissamsung
Asteroid
Options
Note20

As a photographer I got the Note20 Ultra 5g because I wanted to sometimes leave my big bulky camera at home.  I am realistic to know that a phone can't replace my full camera, but I wanted a good camera in the phone.  For $1500.  

I'm disappointed.  The lack of the switchable f1.4/2.8 lens really stinks for when it's just too bright, which is pretty much all the time since the 108mp lens is 1.8 all the time.  That stop of difference is huge.  

The icing on the cake why this camera is worse is that the 108MP is just for show.  My raw files in Note9 had 23mb files, and this one does too.  So if the raw file is the exact same size, then that means the overall resolution isn't improved on standard mode.  Yes, you can zoom in, yes you can get real close with a grainy image.  But you sell 108mp like people think "OH it might be really nice".  I'd rather a 50MB file at the same size in RAW anyday than 108mp at 12000 x 9000 dimensions which is somewhere between 6MB + 8MB.  WHich is a joke.  I'm pretty sure that the 23MB RAW file in Pro Mode is better than the 108mp file.  That's sad.  For a $1500 camera.  3 years later.  

There are other features that are lacking too in the phone, and I think air gestures are a waste of development for real world use.  BUT, maybe, maybe 1 person uses them.  I doubt anyone at samsung is using air gestures on a daily basis.  If I'm wrong -- post the video of everyone doing their work with air gestures. I'd much rather that processing power went to conserve batter, or maybe a SpO2 sensor which I did use all the time.  

And the camera bump, why not make it on the top total across so when you lay down the device it at least rests normally.  Now it's like a broken table leg that you always have to prop up.  or get a case for.  

And to add insult to injury a little more, the Z Fold 2 at least comes with headphones....this does not.  For $1500, include Buds.  Like decent humans.  Or at least at cost.  

512GB internal and 512Gb microsd card and 12GB of Ram, and I have to say, I can't tell the difference between the note 9 and note 20.  Except for "more" room inside, I thought I'd need to put all these 108MP images, but at just a few megabytes each, seems like I'll have lots and lots of room.  

Those are my thoughts...having this phone for a week now.  

Please tell me if I'm completely wrong or if magically when you export these images they become butterflies and turn into good high resolution images if you want to print. 

ShadysPlace
Asteroid
Options
Note20
You know I have been slow to post comments in a public forum such as this. Due to some of the software, hardware or a combination of both I try to save my plus or minus for those who develop the many hrs of code to allow software to work or those who are tirelessly trying to keep up with ensuring we all are having the best experience as a consumer we possibly can.

However, at what price are we paying for this. I am a SAMSUNG guy for the most part regarding mobile phones. I have tried them all from NEXTEL's PTT, NOKIA, MOTO'S, SONY & LG PLUS a few I've left out. SAMSUNG is my choice. I have the Nore 10+ & I love it for the most part. If we think for a min that's gonna be true with almost every phone one gas owned. At least in my case it has been that way. I also don't rush out to get the new phones until I've done my research.

My Camera on Note10+ is better & with some upgraded software vs a 1500.00 Note20 ULTRA. I could sit here and list a whole host of issues with the new 20 vrs of phones out now. However I want to choose instead to make a rather bold Statement & Prediction if I may.

Personally, I am highly disappointed in this version of new phone SAMSUNG has chosen to bestow upon us & act as if its this greatly newly designed, packed with all these new features, which can justify this grossly over rated price. After looking the entire market of phones within the mobile industry over, I am convinced other than the NOTE10+ there are much better customer/user friendly designs with pretty much the same tech specs along with the hardware specs to. Phones should be like a laptop at the prices now being paid. 1 should expect to be able to customize their own features. This would just about be the only way to get most at a base price say if 1200 - 1500 & customized you could easily end up in the 3k range.

People say I'm nuts to even think this is even doable. Look I use the DEX feature with my NOTE10+. Its already acting like a laptop in many ways. I'm using expanded memory, docking station, wireless printing, transferring of docs faster than ever & I can do full scans which I can edit sign or put in a group for open comments. So for me, SAMSUNG YOU MIGHT OR HEY YOU MAY NOT WANNA LOOK AT YOUR OVERALL CUST BASE. DURING THESE UNCERTAIN YIMES & INTO THE NXT CIUPLE IF YEARS THINGS QILL DEFINITELY BE TURBULEBT AT THE LEAST. BEST WE CAN HOPE FOR IS 2.5 YRS MAYBE 3 FOR ALL OF GLOBAL COMMUNITIES & WORKING TEVHMOLOGIES TO BEGIN TO SOLIDIFY THEIR PERMANENT DIRECTION & CHANGES THEY WILL HAVE ENACTED WHICH, THEY FEEL AS A CO., SMLL BUS., CORP ., OR WHICHEVER TYPE INSTITUTION, HAVE ADOPTED AS CURRENT POLICIES, THUS ALLOWING FOR. ETC...

IT WILL BE DURING THIS TIME WE WKLL CONTINUE TO SEE THE FALL OF SUCH GREAT COMPANIES, LIKE SAMSUNG OR A BIGGER COMPANY THAT WILL ULTIMATELY ROCK THE EOTLD IN SUCH A WAY IT WILL FORCE THE HANDS IF ALL LEADERS & MINISTERS TO TAKE MEASURES ENSURING THEIR OWN COUNTRIES MAKE IT THRU THESE TRYING TIMES.

Kikoupuisse
Asteroid
Options
Note20
i had the note 10+ its broke i'd like to have one again i really like the S. samsung companies
0 Likes
WofJ123
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I like that it has a pen so you don't have to use tour finger you could use the pen
0 Likes
LamarH123
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Is there anyone that's having a delay in sending and receiving images and videos?
0 Likes