Original topic:

One UI 3.0/Android 11 Bug - System Tray

(Topic created on: 12/23/20 7:48 AM)
Todd1028
Constellation
Options
Note20

I just updated to Android 11 a few days ago and ever since then, whenever I have any media or app running in the background, the icon for the active app disappears from the system tray.  For instance, if you're running Youtube in the background and you go to your homescreen, you'd normally be able to see in the top left corner that you had media running (icon in system tray).  After the update, this is compltely gone and you can only see the app if you pull down the notification panel.  I've also had situations where the media is playing (pocketcast, youtube music, youtube, etc...) but there is nothing showing in the system tray or notification panel.  Is there any way to fix this or is this just how One UI 3.0 is meant to be? 

7 Replies
Luckylefty
Asteroid
Options
Note20
yes mine isn't showing up either. also this carrier hub notification keeps popping up and can't be cleared by swiping
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Todd1028
Constellation
Options
Note20
I've also been experiencing issues where my media controls completely disappear. When playing spotify, the media is still playing but I can't access any controls, even when I pull down the notification shade. In general, media controls are now extremely buggy.
0 Likes
useryvjwvjRkH6
Constellation
Options
Note20

+1

Just noticed this now with Pocket Casts. No tray icon but I can swipe down to see play/pause/skip controls

Using Nova Launcher so not using the native 3.0 UI

0 Likes
Todd1028
Constellation
Options
Note20
my pocket cast works sometimes but I've had situations where the controls in the swipe down menu completely disappear
0 Likes
Luckylefty
Asteroid
Options
Note20
does anyone know what and why is there a carrier hub icon on the new one ui 3.0 in the top left 8n the notification area. it's annoying and can't be swiped away. when I drop down the list it just say processing request and that's it. what is it for and why is it there after the software upgrade
0 Likes
userCDw4qYtkFf
Astronaut
Options
Note20

hello!

sorry,

have you found a solution?

anything helped?

same issue with mine

0 Likes