I just updated to Android 11 a few days ago and ever since then, whenever I have any media or app running in the background, the icon for the active app disappears from the system tray. For instance, if you're running Youtube in the background and you go to your homescreen, you'd normally be able to see in the top left corner that you had media running (icon in system tray). After the update, this is compltely gone and you can only see the app if you pull down the notification panel. I've also had situations where the media is playing (pocketcast, youtube music, youtube, etc...) but there is nothing showing in the system tray or notification panel. Is there any way to fix this or is this just how One UI 3.0 is meant to be?
- One UI 3.0 Issues
Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Just noticed this now with Pocket Casts. No tray icon but I can swipe down to see play/pause/skip controls
Using Nova Launcher so not using the native 3.0 UI