Original topic:

OneUI 3.0 camera feedback

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 5:46 AM)
userlgi3IqjyrF
Astronaut
Options
Note20

There is a lot to like about the update in general, and despite the horrible changes to the home launcher (removing control over column count, not supporting the GoodLock apps, and messing up the pull down controls), I do like many of the improvements. With that out of the way, let's talk about the camera:

I am not sure if I'm dreaming this, but it must've felt so intuitive before that when it was taken away it was immediately felt. I'm referring to Default video settings for when using the telephoto lens. It seemed like before you used to be able to shoot telephoto videos at 60fps. I don't see why this isn't an option anymore. I am soooo confused by this. This was immediately apparent when I when to shoot a video immediately after upgrading. The Zoom controls were gone (the 3 tree icons). So I went to the settings and discovered that the only way I could use the telephoto lens was by shooting in full frame mode. This has a disadvantage, you can't shoot in 60fps. Why? And why when selecting the other option with lower resolution, I can't see the telephoto zoom option? 

I love photography and I bought this phone almost exclusively for the camera. DON'T MESS WITH THE CAMERA SAMSUNG! You're going to upset a lot of people!! 

2 Replies
Options
Note20
welcome to one ui 3. the sea of confusion and hundreds of steps backwards.
i believe you when you say its missing (im not much of a shutter bug myself) but i know the feeling of "i KNOW it was there earlier".

anyways, sorry im not much help with this :\
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
Sure you know Good Lock is gradually being updated. The app itself has been updated but some of the features are not. It's a community-developed app and they're working diligently to update all features.
0 Likes