JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Our personal Safes

(Topic created: 08-18-2021 12:57 AM)
Dikeos
Astronaut
Options
Note20
It is in our phones we keep what we hold most dear. Names, photos, letters, videos, medical history, legal history, family's history, affiliations, relationships, notes to help us remembered, secrets, opinions, believes, and the Gateway to the web. The most effecient cumunications device ever... 
We own all of these, to (2) entities:
The company who designs a builds the device, and the company who designs and operates the Operating System. - part 2 coming up
A small addition. My wife feels I should had included "Banking" as another important element we keep private and safe. How dare she....
Just kidding. I love dearly, and she's absolutely right.
For some of the most critical items we know they're safe because are safeguarded in our mines. For others, we use passwords encryption, etc., So again unless they have our passwords, only we know . We walk around or drive with the comfortable knowledge they in time of need all aspects of our lives is at our fingertips. That's amazing. And I was dead wrong. I'm sorry to used such sneaky way to admit the following:
The operators of the Operating System also know all of information.
We don't know them, but they were next to us when we typed that password. We had to used the instruments "they" provided us to input our most valuable information on our lives. So... If for whatever reason they got upset at us, one shivers to think how much damage they could do. I have a Note 9 Samsung which I love, and until recently I considered the most important item in my possession. 
Part 3 The ugly truth, with names.
4 Replies
Dikeos
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Trust and not only a small amount, but at times all the trust we could mastered. Now days people get to accidents and the first thing they want to know is "where and how's my phone.
I mean if you think about it we choose to enter important material in it, which implies we are willing to trust it blindly. We don't even think about it.
"Ask the community" was the header of this forum, which I appreciate more than you could imagine, and that is exactly what I'm going to do. Ask the community. "Should I, could I trust my phone again? Yes, I'm dragging things out, but you know my question, so now I'm going to help you give me the right answer. If I found out an documented that the Operating Sytem, intentionally blocked for using one of my favored sites, let's say Samsung Internet, and they Did it with no fear of any consequence, should I trust my phone? What if part of the blocking consisted with clear lies (the server it's not responding try again later), or perverted deception (click to go to the site you like and the Operating System - not because of an error or a glitch- sends you to a site you hate, again and again for weeks. Should I trust my phone?
0 Likes
Dikeos
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I hit the wrong thing and lost a lot of details. But, Google and Android got into my account, erased the settings from the app so I lost my last ave to communicate with the outside, moved the app in the Google store, and leaned back in their ergonomic chairs to watch the fun giving this old man sadistically astressful frastrated and painful, psychologically time.
I called Venmo and first they saw it as a IT technical issue, until I told her unless Venmo took part in it this is a crime with forged documents, deception, an diversion of money. Finally she agreed that it should be handled by their security team. Then I called PayPal, the parent of Venmo and they were very helpful. Finally I called the FBI, and I guess being under all that pressure I expected them to jump and act immediately. As the very patient and understanding Agent said, this is an internet crime and that I can reported it to them for an investigation. He suggested to file a formal IC3 report for the FBI. This is what I'm putting together now days.
So, should I trust my phone? It's ok, you don't have to reply. And... There are good news. Non of you will have to worry about there phones. This was strictly between Google, it's weapon Android, and myself who had the nerd time his own choices and volumes it's privacy. Google it's going to find out soon if they don't already know. Are they going to retaliate at me for making their criminal conduct public yeap, and they'll try to make it painful for me. Now that they know I live paycheck to paychek, that's what their coming for.. but it's ok, all I fair in war... So what if they made over 41 Billion dollars and I made $3842. I love my Samsung note 9. The fact that it's Operating System was used as a weapon against i didn't appreciate.
Now you know enough to answered my question.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Wow! Really seems like you've been through a lot! I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble. If there's something one of our moderators can do to assist you in any way, please let us know by sending us a private message. Samsung is well aware that everyone uses their phones for just about everything nowadays and safety is definitely key. Please check out this link to learn how Samsung keeps your Galaxy Secured!:https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/security/  

Waller
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Screenshotted this to read later. This should be gooood.