Original topic:

Pattern lock has stopped working

(Topic created on: 5/2/21 12:15 PM)
user1z1nucuUS2
Constellation
Options
Note20

I recently set a pattern lock on my Galaxy note 20 ultra.

Today it has stopped working (even though I know I am using the correct pattern)

I can’t unlock my phone, so I want to bite the bullet and perform a factory reset, no matter what I do, no matter what instructions I follow, I cannot get to the Android / settings screen.  The combination of power, up and down volume buttons do not work
The only prompt I see is for me to enter the pattern!
The phone is stuck on flight mode (no idea why.)

Has anyone else had the same issue, if so, how did you overcome it?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

0 Likes
3 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Id recommend going to the nearest Samsung Experience Store of a Local Ubreakifix to have your device unlocked for you. If a UBIF or Samsung Experiance store is not near you you can also call 1800 Samsung and have your device mailed in.  Even if you are able to Factory Reset your device your lock pattern is still going to pop, this is a Google security measure for preventing stolen devices to easily wiped and unlocked. If your pattern is not recognized and is locked  you will need the device Flashed and FRP unlocked. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userdPeqsU3fWO
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm actually having the same problem with a Galaxy A11 phone. Like you, I am stuck like Chuck! And my phone carrier says there is nothing we can do without turning off phone and doing a factory reset. Which I don't have a problem with at this point! But you can't turn off phone without the correct pattern. And the power/volume down/volume up keys don't do anything but reboot phone.

Since last night I have spent over 3 hours on this including about a 1 hours chat with my carrier. The only thing at this point to do is have the battery depleted, then should be able start phone from an "off" state. 

Were you able to find any solution to your problem? Thanks Mark!

0 Likes
user1z1nucuUS2
Constellation
Options
Note20

Sorry to hear that you have the same problem.
I have found a way that worked for me.

I connected my mobile to my laptop with a USB lead and followed the power/ volume up/ volume down instructions.

It worked first time!

I hope it works for you…good luck.

Mark

0 Likes