Original topic:

Phone call issues

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 6:58 AM)
Magnus100
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have a Galaxy Note 20 ultra ultra SD and since the latest updates I've had phone call issues where I'm unable to hear people when I make calls. This issue occurs intermittent, but very frequently, multiple times a day. 

My current software version is:
Version: N986U1UEU1CTLB / N986U1OYM1CTLB / N986U1UEU1CTLB
0 Likes
4 Replies
Xenofont
Halo
Options
Note20
I can confirm that I suffer no such issues with the same firmware version. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but before shipping it in for repairs, call your operator and ask them if they have any known network issues around your area. if not, then try a full reset. if that doesn't help, then you have to have the device serviced.
0 Likes
Magnus100
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I use my phone all day and work 12 hrs. I can confirm I have no such spare time to dedicate to wiping my phone, then setting it back up to the way it's currently set up.

I had this same issue with my Galaxy Note 9 and nothing solved the problem, including factory resetting. The issue was absent from the Note 10+ but now resurfaced in the Note 20 ultra immediately after my latest software update.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

Try wiping your cache partition, lots of times when you start having issues with a device right after a major update, it is because something got stuck in the Cache.  You do this by powering down the phone, then powering it up with the volume up and power/bixby button, hold these until you see a white android.  this will then bring you to a boot menu.  Using the volume buttons to move up and down, go to "wipe cache partition", select this with the power/bixby button, then select yes, again with the volume buttons to highlight, and power/bixby button to select.  After it is done with this task, it will return you to the previous menu, select "Reboot system now" to restart the device.  Do this as a test BEFORE factory resetting the device, as this will not loose any data, and MAY correct your issues.

0 Likes
Magnus100
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried this several times before I made the post above and it didn't help.

Since I updated to One UI I've had all Kings of glitches and wiped cache partition several times and then took this latest update thinking it might solve some of these issues but it only introduced the phone call issue.
0 Likes