Original topic:

Phone located and still working after spending 17.5 hours in the ocean

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
tsf_beard
Constellation
Options
Note20

This past weekend my wife and I went to the beach in Florida and I dropped my phone in the ocean at about 2pm, I thought it was for sure lost. My wife gets a call around 10am the next morning from my phone, it spent 17.5hrs in the ocean and washed up on the beach and someone found it buried 1ft in the sand with a metal detector, the phone is working flawlessly aside from 2 of the 4 cameras. I didn't have a waterproof case on it. Just had a standard flexible rubber case with no screen protector. I am shocked that the phone still works, im currently using it to write this review. I have pics and video of the series of events taken from my wofes phone with time stamps included with this review 

Wouldn't let me add the video of the two gentleman finding the phone, im the guy in the middle with the long beard 
4 Replies
iiDark
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Holy **bleep** man. Amazing story. That's just incredible. Also good to know just how far the phone will go in crazy conditions even underwater. Isn't it supposed to only survive like 30 minutes under shallow water or something? Thanks for sharing bro. That's wild.
tsf_beard
Constellation
Options
Note20
The phone is only rated for 30min up to 5ft in fresh water, this thing lasted 17.5 hrs crashing in the waves then got buried 1ft under the sand and is still working, the screen isn't even scratched 😁
Options
Note20
Nice story but you failed to mention what phone was lost.
0 Likes
tsf_beard
Constellation
Options
Note20
It was the galaxy note 20
0 Likes