cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone will not charge low battery temp

So two nights ago I go to charge my phone and see this message...

Charging stopped. Your phone's temperature is too low. Charging will continue when the temperature returns to normal.

My phone is stuck at 1%. As soon as i take it off the charger it dies immediately. I just gave in and had to buy a wireless charger from amazon as a hopeful workaround. I purchased this phone only two months ago and I've had it in an otterbox since day 1.

Anybody else see this issue with the Note 20?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Phone will not charge low battery temp

I turned my phone completely off. I took the SD card and the AT&T card out of the phone. Waited about 20 minutes. Because I was putting the cards in my old phone. Turned the one on that wouldn't charge ( battery temp to low). I plugged it into my charger. BAM it started charging again. It charged to full battery. I don't know it this is a temporary fix. It got me out of a pinch this morning. I can't without my phone lol. Hope this helps you. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Well last night after being extremely frustrated I ended up smacking my phone against the counter while still being in the OtterBox..  of course after I plugged it in and it actually started working. I don't advise anybody else to try that I didn't mean for that to be my solution but it's working right now. Hopefully it stays that way and doesn't go back to not charging.

But if the problem comes back I will definitely try your advice first. 🙃🤪😉

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I experienced this once. I believe it was a slow charging cable that did this. I unplugged the phone and plugged back in after about a minute. Everything has been fine since. This was my car charging cord vs the original cable.