JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pink film on screen after powering it on

(Topic created: 10-16-2022 06:09 AM)
Bonnieq
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Someone please help me! My phone (Samsung note 20)+ was dead, but I didn't know it was and tried turning it back on. After I did that the screen turned red and the phone shut back off. Now there is a pink tinged film on my screen. It doesn't go away after restarting my phone or even after a software update. Is there a problem internally? Please tell me what I did and how to fix it.

Thanks 🫂!

Edit: It was never dropped!! I tried to turn it on while it was dead. It flashed a red screen then the phone shut back off. After fully charging it a pink film covers the screen no matter the app I go to.
12 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Was the phone dropped ?

Be sure it's fully charged

Then reboot to the Maintenance screen

Select the Clear Cache Partition

Then select Repair Apps option

... the phone will automagically reboot, give it 2-3 minutes to finish up ...

still have the same problem??
0 Likes
Bonnieq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
No the phone was never dropped and is fully charged! Also this did not work:( but thank you
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Note20
So is the phone able to turn on and stay on? Cause you say that it shut off after it turns on... in which case, how are you able to do an update?
0 Likes
Bonnieq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
When the phone died it turned red and shut back off.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Oh, so you are able to use the phone until it dies? While you are using it, it has a pink tint to the screen?
0 Likes
Bonnieq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes exactly! Now that it is fully charged there is a pink tint and it makes it difficult to watch Netflix or look at pictures.
0 Likes
Smitty223
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Good morning. Did you drop it? I had an earlier note that I dropped very hard & it did the exact same thing?
0 Likes
Bonnieq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Good morning. No never dropped. I pressed the button to turn it on. The screen went red. Then it shut back off. Charged it, now a red film on screen
0 Likes
Birdmandan
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Backup and do a factory reset.