Original topic:

Problems with Galaxy Note 20 camera

(Topic created: 05-25-2021 10:37 AM)
uservfulyzsarj
Astronaut
Options
Note20

After shattering the screen on my old Galaxy Note 8 I upgraded to a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.  I love almost everything about the Note 20 Ultra; in most ways it has far exceeded my expectations.  One of my issues is the camera.  Image quality is a huge factor when I choose a phone.  When I looked up the DXOmark scores for camera phone image quality the Note 20 Ultra tied for first place so I had high expectations.  On my old Note 8 probably 90% of my pictures looked great.  Nice and sharp even when heavily cropped and blown up.  I used to tease my wife because often my pictures looked better than ones from her newer iPhone.  With my Note 20 Ultra some of my pictures are spectacular but most are blurry.  I've tried several suggestions.  I read comments that said the problem is shutter lag and if you move too soon after hearing the shutter sound this is the problem so I'm careful to remain steady a moment after the sound.  I also read comments that the pro mode causes problems so I quit using pro mode even though I like to edit raws.  Neither of these suggestions helped.  I had high hopes for 2 recent updates that said they improved camera performance but if anything my images seem to be worse.  Now I'm embarrassed to share photos from my Note 20 Ultra because they are blurry.

Someone please help!  At this point I'd be happy with the image quality of my 3 year old Note 8.  Is there some hidden setting that I need to change?  Is there an alternative camera app that will produce better images than the stock camera app?

2 Replies
CatHoarder
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I am having the same issue. I even had my camera replaced to no avail! So frustrating. I switched from the Note 8 as well and the quality on that phone was 100% better. Very **bleep** and disappointed. These phones are not cheap but the quality is. Especially when you need the camera for business.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I do a lot of mobile photography and like yourself have always opted for devices that offer an impressive camera array. Even in low light conditions with the zoom engaged, my Note 20 Ultra has provided good results. It seems like you have done all of the user troubleshooting methods so I would suggest using your warranty and submitting your phone for repair or replacement.
0 Likes