Original topic:

Proximity sensor on N20U turns itself off after update

(Topic created on: 2/11/21 12:29 PM)
AntiMatter
Constellation
Options
Note20

I recently updated to One UI 3 (just got the update, because my phone is from Hong Kong) and I've noticed that the screen stopped turning off when I'm listening to calls and audio messages. I've checked the proximity sensor through dialing *#77692# in the phone app and, sure enough, it was turned off. I turned it on, went back, but the sensor still didn't work. I came back to the menu, where it's turned off again.

I'll provide a link to the screen rec of the bug: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11fd1w4MGI9-pJwnTCRNTrjXXVbaj39zj/view?usp=drivesdk

Model: SM-N9860 (Hong Kong)

Carrier: none 

0 Likes
9 Replies
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Note20
Try turning off you phone hit power and volume up same time deleted you catch 2x then run fix app usually this fix many problems after upgrade
0 Likes
AntiMatter
Constellation
Options
Note20

You suggesting I restart my phone? Also, how do I "run fix app"? Please elaborate, I couldn't understand anything that you said

0 Likes
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Note20
Okay went you turn off and hit volume up you will see option to deleted catch do it 2x same menu on bottom you will see fix app last line click and phone will restart... To go down and up on menu used volume buttons to click hit power
0 Likes
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Note20
Okay went you turn off and hit volume up you will see option to deleted catch do it 2x same menu on bottom you will see fix app last line click and phone will restart... To go down and up on menu used volume buttons to click hit power
0 Likes
AntiMatter
Constellation
Options
Note20

I tried this and my phone just boots up normally for some reason. Can't seem to get into recovery in any way

0 Likes
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Note20
Make sure you holding volume up and power till menu comes out don't let it go..... Also make. Sure phone completely turns off
0 Likes
AntiMatter
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yeah, I tried that like 10 times, no result. Only a grey popup text appearing after the phone turns on, saying something in the lines of "Backup: failed"

0 Likes
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Note20
Yeah maybe you need to fully reset to factory.. Just back up all your important stuff to Smart swith on your computer
0 Likes
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Note20
Also there is a option on smart swith on your computer to repair firmware incase something apen went upgrade it
0 Likes