Original topic:

RCS Jibe Support in Samsung Messages

(Topic created on: 4/7/21 11:02 AM)
Options
Note20
Hi everyone,

Just out of curiosity, are any of you guys in the US getting the RCS prompt in Samsung Messages? If so, what carrier are you on? Are you locked or unlocked? I'm just curious if anyone is seeing this in the United States. Sadly, it takes so long to receive features that other countries are getting. I wish Samsung would go ahead and get this rolled out to us. Don't get me wrong, I like Google Messages however Samsung Messages does have some benefits and more useful features that Google could stand to adopt. I don't know. I think I would more so want to be able to take full advantage of the Call & Text Continuity feature since Samsung has them bundled together instead of as separate options. 
5 Replies
MarioMiguelito
Explorer
Options
Note20
I had Samsung Messages with full RCS capabilities until this past weekend and it just disappeared altogether. Even when I had it before it would randomly stop working and I'd have to reset messages by turning on airplane mode and then a bunch of missed messages would come in. So at best it was inconsistent but great when it actually did work (and stay on). It did have some nifty features and work better with my phone but it needed alot of finesse and now randomly disappeared altogether. I had a sprint Sim card in my phone until Saturday the had me switch to a t-mobile/sprint Sim so that could be why it's gone altogether but I believe t-mobile does have rcs as well so I don't know.
KSal
Halo
Options
Note20
Unlocked note 20 ultra on att prepaid, still no rcs in samsung messages.
JawshDarnit
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I don't have rcs via jibe Google yet either. I think a lot of people are confused with what you mean, of course sprint wouldn't count because they have the standard universal profile for rcs built in. If you don't get the notification to use Google's RCS inside Samsung messages - we aren't referring to anything else.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
It's the Rich Communication Services provided by Google.
0 Likes
J1134
Astronaut
Options
Note20
On tmobile note 20 ultra I have chat features in settings now but some settings are missing in there , specifically the rich communications toggle so I don't have the blue bubbles and it's not Google's. Very disappointing since unlocked users are able to go to ims hidden menu and just check the toggle on . So it seems if someone would just check it on for those of us who can't get into that menu it'd work and we'd have the settings and blue bubbles.