JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Received a fingerprint update 6.0.0.4 notification but not sure if it is legit or not?

(Topic created: 04-02-2022 03:22 PM)
Members_MBxmt50
Constellation
Options
Note20

Fingerprint update 6.0.0.4

I received a notification on my note 20 that there is a security biometrics update available. I am suspicious of it because it has no publisher name and a blank shield logo. Is this legit or not?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Please note that it is a valid Samsung biometric update for your phone

View solution in context

26 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
If you open the settings for your biometric settings and check the update method Screenshot_20220402-182632_TADownloader_1199_1648938393.jpg
QuantumBiker
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Got same notice on my S10 and assuming it is a virus unless Samsung provides a way to validate. Never click ok to install from an unknown notification or popup. If this is really Samsung, it is a major fail.

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Open the settings for your biometrics and then go to the update option, it's a valid Samsung biometric update
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
It's a valid update.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Thanks for the information and clarification on the biometric updates unfortunately I didn't receive any news about the updates
userJBfLUIszA2
Constellation
Options
Note20
How do you get rid of the notification of the biometric update? Clear doesn't make it go away.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
If you update the biometric software and then reboot your phone it should go way
0 Likes
userJBfLUIszA2
Constellation
Options
Note20
But I don't want to update the biometric software. It is not a valid update. I just want the notification to go away.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
It's a valid Samsung update
0 Likes