Original topic:

Receiving moisture detected in my USB/charging port?

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 04:50 AM)
user7kdMKIHWg4
Constellation
Options
Note20

I can't plug a charger in my Note 20+

The phone keeps giving me a moisture detected in usb/charging port. This has been going on for days and I've tried everything. 
0 Likes
12 Replies
fungurl2010
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Take a qtip to phone usb and it will clean it
0 Likes
SamsungFanboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Either try cleaning the port with a qtip or your temature sensor might be broken or disconected
0 Likes
ToyYodaGuy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Are you using some cheapo charging brick or charging
cable from the Dollar store. I went that route with charging in the car and would get the same message with the cheap stuff. Spent a few more bucks for a better combo and WOW a big difference. Yea, learned not to be a cheapo too cause my phone could blow up and set my car on fire. LOL
0 Likes
user7kdMKIHWg4
Constellation
Options
Note20
No using the charger that came with phone. Have tried cleaning and blowing with the canned air
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

Do you mean you have Note 20 Ultra??? or do you mean Note 10+ ? Please share your device's model number.

what region do you live in?

If you live in a humid environment, your phone just may have become a bit more sensitive or something... You could take the phone to UBreakIFix and ask them to check the charging port as the battery's status. If it's not a hardware issue, then try to charge it wirelessly (if you don't have one, ask the repair techs if the phone is dead) and submit an error report to Samsung Members app after attempting to charge again. 

0 Likes
user7kdMKIHWg4
Constellation
Options
Note20
Have note 20ultra SM-985U
In Southeast Texas and Louisiana
0 Likes
user7kdMKIHWg4
Constellation
Options
Note20
I have tried cleaning and blowing with the canned dry air, blow with hair dryer, clean with soft plastic tip. I can't see anything wrong and can charge with a wireless charger
0 Likes
user7kdMKIHWg4
Constellation
Options
Note20
Tried all the normal repairs and it still says it's wet weeks later. This has to be a software issue I think.
0 Likes
dmorrissette
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have same issue N886U1. Also when using fast charging brick, USB C only works one side of cord. If I plug in one way it works, other way it does not
0 Likes