Original topic:

Recent update broke bluetooth devices

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 7:00 AM)
gabe80million
Galaxy
Options
Note20
After the latest update, all of my Bluetooth devices that have the play/pause feature don't work, including the Galaxy Buds Pro
5 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. Just to clarify, are the devices not working at all or just the play/pause feature on those devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
gabe80million
Galaxy
Options
Note20
It was just the play/pause feature, but restarting my phone seemed to fix it. although, since the update, my car's bluetooth has been super troublesome, but that may be a different case having to do with my car and not my phone
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for following up. I am happy to hear that restarting your phone resolved the play/pause feature with your Bluetooth devices. 

If you are having issues with the Bluetooth connectivity between your device and your car's audio system, my first recommendation would be to reach out to the manufacturer of the car/audio system and make sure your device is compatible and the software is up to date on your audio system.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
gabe80million
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Well, my car is a Lincoln with Microsoft Sync in it, but Microsoft Sync is no longer in service, which is an issue, but I just pulled the fuse and put it back and it still won't even connect to my car. it rarely connects anymore so I really don't know if it's because my phone's bluetooth is too new for it or what. It is 10 years old, though
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

It definitely sounds like a compatibility issue. I would recommend trying another phone with your car to see if you still experience these symptoms.