JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Renaming pictures and video in One UI 3.0

(Topic created: 12-23-2020 07:25 AM)
jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've been using the One UI 3.0 beta since it came out for the Note 20 Ultra and now I've upgraded to the stable version but there still seems to be no way to rename videos and pictures. 

To be clear im refering to being able to go to a picture, select it and select the option to give it a name. 

Hopefully this isn't something that was removed. Is anybody else having the same issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@St3v3C wrote:
try: find an image you wish to rename. press and hold it until it "checks". hit three dots, or menu at bottom...select "rename". rename, done.

Unfortunately "rename" is no longer on that menu. 

View solution in context

15 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Note20
try: find an image you wish to rename. press and hold it until it "checks". hit three dots, or menu at bottom...select "rename". rename, done.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@St3v3C wrote:

Unfortunately "rename" is no longer on that menu. 

jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
been trying that.

clipboard_image_1608742021328_1608742021328.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I don't have that option anymore either. And when using a different gallery app, renaming a photo makes it disappear. Not sure what's going on,but in the meantime I've been using "My Files" (preloaded system app) to rename that way - it's extra steps, but at least it works.
0 Likes
jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
been doing the same. Its just annoying to have to find the picture when it doesn't show up in recent.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

they removed it 😞

0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Note20
bummer. an alternative, possibly quicker too, would be connect phone to computer and rename them that way
0 Likes
userbbK20lURSe
Constellation
Options
Note20

Before the update, I was renaming pictures via 3 dots > Details > Edit then just rename the filename however, I can't seem to do that anymore after the update.Screenshot_20210105-234906_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
apparently they've removed that feature. I've been going into my files and renaming the pictures from there.
0 Likes