Original topic:

S Pen pointer positioning is incorrect

(Topic created: 12-17-2020 08:56 PM)
userKlOEFIMsZ2
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hello

I bought Note 20 few weeks ago. And I found a problem. S Pen pointer are few milimeters from the S Pen. S Pen draws few milimeters (~5) to the left when i writing a text or drawing,.

First time then i saw this problem, I sent my phone to the service. My phone was rooted. After few days I got answer, that they can fixe it, but need to replace LCD and so on and it will cost me 355 euros (Lithuania).

I came to them, and say thanks, i don't need to fix it for this money (moust intresting thing, what i have N960F also rooted. S pen work great. I took my S pen from Note 20, and it also work fine. But no S pen work great on Note20.)

At service they give me a phone and say: now we made calibration and Spen now work fine, and it is for free.

Okey, I took a phone and very happy went home.

THE PROBLEM: I made factory reset (I remove root before i sent my phone to service) and now agan i HAVE SAME PROBLEM, S pen writing few millimeters from the and of SPEN. SAMSUNG, how i should calibrate SPEN?

IMG-4111c402c4ede566ec6a5b4a0f12ec7e-V.jpg

5 Replies
JVision65
Astronaut
Options
Note20
is it the S-pen itself?
0 Likes
userKlOEFIMsZ2
Asteroid
Options
Note20

No, I think problem is with calibration or software. I try factory reset, flash older frimware, nothing help.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

Do you have a case or other device connected to your phone which has a magnet?

userKlOEFIMsZ2
Asteroid
Options
Note20

No, I am not using any cases with magnets.

0 Likes
Solution
userKlOEFIMsZ2
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I found a solution:

Dial *#2663# and make WACOM FW UPDATE (kernel binanry).

And S PEN pointer is under the tip now!!!!