1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, I know how frustrating it is when the S Pen will not connect. Have you tried the troubleshooting here?

S Pen is not recognized by Galaxy phone or tablet screen

Connect S Pen error displays on Galaxy phone or tablet

If the S Pen will still not connect after completing all of the troubleshooting, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

View solution in context

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userPxTBkYuDPi Can you provide more details?

What phone do you have?

What have you tried to get the S Pen to connect?

Is this a sudden occurrence (was the S Pen connecting before)? If it was connecting before, what has happened between then and now? 

0 Likes
userPxTBkYuDPi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Note 10 plus
userQEoqo03FbZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same issue immediately following latest Samsung update. Note 10+ 5g
userPxTBkYuDPi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I had a standard note 10 no sd card , so stupid , nahhh , if you have a non sarcastic answer great if not , thanks anyway
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, I know how frustrating it is when the S Pen will not connect. Have you tried the troubleshooting here?

S Pen is not recognized by Galaxy phone or tablet screen

Connect S Pen error displays on Galaxy phone or tablet

If the S Pen will still not connect after completing all of the troubleshooting, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

userQEoqo03FbZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Stop giving this generic answer attempting to blame anything but the latest update. None of those items listed were a problem BEFORE the update. Immediately after the update is when the problem presented.
userSIPT9nggzu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Came here to look for a solution as I'm having the same issue.  I am using Note10+. 

1.  The Anywhere actions do not work anymore.  Can't take shots in the camera app.  Clicking the button only activates the Air Command menu when the pen is near the screen.

Screenshot_20220119-210038_Air command.jpg

Is it normal that it always shows Disconnected when the pen is removed? 

2.  Whenever I remove the S-pen from the phone. There's notification that said the S pen is disconnected and ask me to insert the S pen into the phone to reconnect.

Screenshot_20220119-205000_Air command.jpg

3.  But I am still able to use the S pen button to open the Air command menu. When I open the Air Command menu,  on the top right corner, it says "Disconnected". 
Screenshot_20220119-205455_Gallery.jpg

However, I can still

1.  Write and create notes.  Holding the button to activate the erase function to erase my writing. 

2. Create Screen off memo.

3. Sees the pointer when hovering the pen over my screen. 

4. Press and hold the pen button, tap the screen twice to create a new note. 

So is my S-pen disconnected or not?