cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S View Case + Most Recent Update (9/24/20)

I woke up this morning and my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra & S View Flip Case both worked completely fine. I noticed that there was an Samsung update, so I went ahead and updated my phone. 

Ever since, my S View case is no longer working. If I close it, the screen stays lit up and on my home screen. I have contacted Samsung twice already. 

The first tech person told me to go into Safe Mode and assured me that I wouldn't lose our chat if I did. I went into Safe Mode & it didn't help my problem at all & of course I lost the chat. 

The second tech person asked me if I had a warranty on my $50 S View case. I told him that I wasn't aware that was even an option. Then he told me to access the camera through the S View slot of the case. I told him that I couldn't do that because the case wasn't working, then he send me a link to go to a service center. The link popped up an error message and I lost the chat. 

At this point, I just want my $50 back, because the S View case offers little or no actual protection and without the use of the S View window, the case is completely useless. I'll likely buy a new case from a third party seller and never give Samsung my money for another case again. Lesson learned...
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: S View Case + Most Recent Update (9/24/20)

If you clicked on a link and it opened a browser. That link should be in your browser history.

As far as staying home screen staying lit up when closed. Check to see if you have smart stay turned on

Fone settings.......... advanced features........ motions and gestures......... smart stay.

Just a suggestion, could be reflecting into the camera thinking you are looking at screen.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: S View Case + Most Recent Update (9/24/20)

I was in a Google search for the first chat and on this app for the second. The link that the second chat sent me brought up an error. it was a dead link.

I have Smart Stay off. I just checked. I turned in on for a minute to see if it makes a difference with the case, it doesn't, unfortunately.

I appreciate the comments. It's always a plus to bounce ideas off of someone else.

Are you familiar with the case? Are you having issues too?

Highlighted

I had the case on a note 8. Didn't like the fact it was scratching my suppose to protected screen. I optioned a tpu screen protector. Reason being little bits of sand dust on fingertips and in pockets can scratch the display.

One more suggestion, when fone is inserted into s-cover case. There is a app that is activated, if you cant find app and clear storage. That may help, if the data is corrupted.
Highlighted
Constellation

I use the case and installed the update and has been working fine.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Hmmm, that makes no sense.. I'm glad you're not experiencing the same issue, but I have to wonder what happened to mine. The only thing that changed was the update.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@TheElder 

This is probably a dumb question, but have you tried removing your phone from the case and re-inserting it? I had the same case (just exchanged it for something else because I got tired of flipping the darn thing around) and there were a couple of times when it stopped working, and after removing the phone and putting it back in it worked fine again. 

Also, just a heads up. I did get some small, but kind of deep scratches on my screen and there were scratches on the plastic part of the case in the exact same area, so something got in between and scratched my phone. I was always afraid of that, and the first time it happened, I knew I had to find something else. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah, I've tried removing it and putting it back in. It hasn't fixed the issue.

hearing about scratches to the screen from dirt getting between the screen and the case is actually worrying me more than the fact that it stopped working. I think there's a lot of room for improvement here.

Thank you for the heads up.