Original topic:

S-View cover - can't answer calls

(Topic created on: 1/28/21 2:50 PM)
usernX0dSopbVs
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I recently added an S-View cover to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.  I like the cover, but I'm unable to see caller details (i.e. name/number) or answer calls with the cover closed.  I see the phone call icon appear when a call comes in, but I cannot interact with it at all.  It's completely unresponsive.  If I open the cover while the phone is still  ringing, and then close the cover again, I can then click on the icon, but I I get the "open cover to view notification details" message.

It's my understanding that I should be able to view and answer calls with the cover closed.

The "always on display" is visible through the cover when the phone is idle.

My phone is running One UI 3.0, and Android 11.

AOD is set to "Show always."

The "Details" radio button is selected (as opposed to "Icons only."

Notifications is set to "On."

Hide content is disabled.

Notifications to show is set to "Alert and silent notifications."

Show on Always On Display is enabled.

Is there an additional setting I need to enable in order to be able to see caller details and answer my phone with the cover closed? Or has this feature been disabled?Screenshot_20210128-144955_Settings.jpg

2 Replies
usernX0dSopbVs
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Tl;dr in picture format:
Cover closed, phone idle.Cover closed, phone idle.

Call coming in, icon only, no caller ID, can't answer.Call coming in, icon only, no caller ID, can't answer.

When I click on (or slide) the phone call icon, I get this.When I click on (or slide) the phone call icon, I get this.

0 Likes
usernX0dSopbVs
Asteroid
Options
Note20

...anyone?

0 Likes