Original topic:

S pen not connecting

(Topic created on: 5/13/21 8:05 PM)
useruLIZasZLfb
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've reset the Galaxy note 20 ultra and I've tried to reset the spen...but i just keep  receiving "can't connect to s pen" messages. Ive done this several times to no avail. 
All of this was done because the s pen is not sensitive to the screen (I have to press very hard for it to work on the keyboard or it just stops working) and it doesn't do any "air actions". 
How do I fix it!
4 Replies
ShowiestOdin
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Tip may need changing or
Setting intensity may just need adjustment
0 Likes
useruLIZasZLfb
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks...but Ive changed the tip and have gotten a new pen...still the same issue. I've even done a reset of the s pen and Ive reset the network connections on my phone as instructed by the tmobile rep. Still the same issue.
VEPPS
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I àm experiencing the same issue. I have been on the phone with tech support for hours. Was your issue resolved?
0 Likes
useruLIZasZLfb
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes...Its resolved!
I was planning on sending the phone back to the online vender and I was taking the case off the phone to start the process of putting all my info back to my old phone. But, an important email came through and I had to respond immediately. In doing so I noticed that my s pen was flawless in typing and swiping. It was working perfectly without the case being on the phone! So I tried the s pen with and without the cover...it always worked without the cover. Then I remembered something about magnets causing issues with cellphones. There was a small magnet on the back of the case so it could be attached to a metal bracket while driving. So I took the magnet off and low and behold the phone and stylus works perfectly now. Maybe this helps you.
0 Likes