JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 note Ultra has a Blackscreen

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 09:52 AM)
userhHJQEgfgon
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi All, just wanted to post a possible solution for the black screen issue because I've trawled google and threads to try to fix.

I was just watching YouTube when the screen went black. I could hear it was responsive and still vibrated but screen was completely black. Tried the reset with volume down and power several times and the battery "massage" technique lol on YouTube. A bit devastated because phone was only 6 months old and I didn't back it up. Can't do smart switch or connect to PC.

The issue was solved by letting the battery completely drain and recharged it. Was delighted to wake up to my alarm ringing and I could see it on the screen!

Hope this helps others.

11 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

take it to the nearest ubreakifix shop 

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

Report the issue to Samsung using the SamsungMembers app, just incase it happens again would be better to have Samsung aware it happened and should keep an eye out for a fix

0 Likes
Denise1973
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Both our new s20 phones are flickering and going black! We just purchased April 11th and started 2nd day
0 Likes
Ser1
Astronaut
Options
Note20
same thing happened to me i am his,ser wife and I have an s20fe
0 Likes
SirRonny
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have the same problem. Have you come up with a cure yet?
0 Likes
user5xpfckbI3p
Astronaut
Options
Note20

i only buy Samsung phones. i have i think very Samsung starting from the one with slide keyboard. I traded my s20 for my S21 and now i have this weird blackscreen.

phone works , screen black. Called customer service was told i a responsible to get phone to repair shop eventhough i did NOTHING wrong. Phone is in excellent condition, looks brand new. So i switched my sim to my S7 and dropped it off. Now i wont have my s21 for whatever amount of days keep in mind my whole life is in that phone. this is crazy and disappointing 

Ivories
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Same happen to me but the screen started to work after 48hours
0 Likes
sterner
Astronaut
Options
Note20

My Samsung Galaxy S20+ was working fine. Had a charge of around 65%. It wasn't overheating or anything like that. I was watching Netflix on it and it suddenly went black. No warning. Nothing. I've tried all of the "hold volume down and power buttons" and other tricks listed on here and around the web. Nothing. Just a black screen. I don't really want to take apart the back and remove the battery...but is that the next thing I need to try? Or do I need to send it off to Samsung?

Womanwhosasking
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I got one that did just that
0 Likes