cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

SAMSUNG NOTE 20 ULTRA WAS DONE WRONG BY SAMSUNG

What actually went wrong or intentionally done wrong by Samsung....

1. Decrease the Base Storage from 256GB To 128GB.
  2. No Pre installed Screen Protector.
  3. No Accessories.
  4. Same 10MP Front Camera like Note 10+ , Upgrade???
  5. Gorilla Glass Victus BS >>It's Worster than Gorilla Glass 5>> Watch Youtube Video Drop Test.
  6. Display Setting>> Vivid >>Unnatural & Wash out!!!
  7. No dedicated Top Stereo Speaker.
  8. Quality of the Camera has not improve since Note 9 regardless of improved Megapixel Counts.
  9. Glass Back instead of Stainless Steal.
  10. Different Region Different Spec. Stop it for now.
  11. Switch SPEN from Right to Left.
  12. Switch Power And Volume Button again from Left To Right.
  13. Note 20 Ultra Overheating while using Camera and doing other Tasks. 
  14. Battery drain to fast during normal task while 120hz Adaptic refresh rate is on. 
  15. Only offering the 512GB version of the Ultra in Black.
  16. No LED notification Light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp9Ehqb_dGo

WHY NOT LEFT EVERYTHING LIKE NOTE 9, VOLUME BUTTON TO THE LEFT AND POWER BUTTON TO THE RIGHT

We tested the new Gorilla Glass on Samsung's Galaxy Note 20 Ultra to determine how resistant it is to scratches and drops. You can buy Note 20 Ultra here... ...
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Halo

Re: SAMSUNG NOTE 20 ULTRA WAS DONE WRONG BY SAMSUNG

I don't like where the buttons or the pen are now either.
Highlighted
Galaxy

Every year Samsung go one Step forward and two Steps backwords.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just sent mine back. I had it for only 6 hours. My screen seems to be defective as I can see the fingerprint and proximity sensors cutouts (the screen is dimmer on those zones). Funny thing, Samsung does not allow replacements on their orders, you have to send it back for a refund or get it “repaired”. There it goes my preorder credit benefit. Not planning on reordering for now.  

I was aware of issues like this on the S10 and Note 10 but those were different as it was on Sunlight or Bright environment. In my case, it was most visible at night and on dark mode. It would improve if I turn the brightness all the way up; basically it is a mismatch on the lumens output on the sensor areas at low brightness. In addition, the phone was incredible hot, and I could feel it throttling down. Overall, I was not impressed by it. Just a heavy brick that someone decided to throw a few new tricks on it and call it “the new flagship”. It actually felt like an “undercooked” idea, and not to mention the finish did not scream “premium”, as there were gaps all around. Just like when you get a cheap car and the hood and doors are not aligned.

20200825_200853.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

My phone had the exact same issue and I did sent it back too, awaiting a replacement. 

Things disappoint from all angles, guess a comeback to Samsung phones will be the last decision I'd make..

And they dare to charge a good sum too. 

Highlighted
Galaxy

@MaStErKiRa wrote:

I just sent mine back. I had it for only 6 hours. My screen seems to be defective as I can see the fingerprint and proximity sensors cutouts (the screen is dimmer on those zones). Funny thing, Samsung does not allow replacements on their orders, you have to send it back for a refund or get it “repaired”. There it goes my preorder credit benefit. Not planning on reordering for now.  

I was aware of issues like this on the S10 and Note 10 but those were different as it was on Sunlight or Bright environment. In my case, it was most visible at night and on dark mode. It would improve if I turn the brightness all the way up; basically it is a mismatch on the lumens output on the sensor areas at low brightness. In addition, the phone was incredible hot, and I could feel it throttling down. Overall, I was not impressed by it. Just a heavy brick that someone decided to throw a few new tricks on it and call it “the new flagship”. It actually felt like an “undercooked” idea, and not to mention the finish did not scream “premium”, as there were gaps all around. Just like when you get a cheap car and the hood and doors are not aligned.

20200825_200853.jpg

This is a serious problem showing Screen/Display defects, mine doesn't exhibit that. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

And one more - 

15. Only offering the 512GB version of the Ultra in black

Highlighted
Galaxy

@userIGSpVg85Ma wrote:

And one more - 

15. Only offering the 512GB version of the Ultra in black

Added

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Predator wrote:

1. Decrease the Base Storage from 256GB To 128GB This is weird, I agree, but the storage is expendable. 
  2. No Pre installed Screen Protector Preinstalled screen protector was junk anyway. I don't have a problem with this.
  3. No Accessories I wish the S-Pen tios were there, but I've never used included earbuds.
  4. Kept the same 10MP Front Camera like Note 10+ It's good, why mess with it?
  5. Gorilla Glass Victus BS >>It's Worster than Gorilla Glass 5>> Chk Youtube Drop Test Drop tests that I saw showed the glass to be incredibly strong.
  6. Display Setting>> Vivid >>Unnatural & Wash out not sure about washed out, but I did notice the screen is not as vivid on the Ultra compared to the base Note20 or Note10+. Not an issue unless you look at them side by side.
  7. No dedicated Top Stereo Speaker There is a top speaker, very loud one too.
  8. Picture quality has not improve since Note 9 regardless of improved Megapixel Counts Simply not true. 
  9. Glass Back instead of Stainless Steal. Wireless charging won't work with Stainless Steel.
  10. Different Region Different Spec. Stop it Above my paygrade. 
  11. Switch SPEN from Right to Left I don't like it either, although I have gotten used it after just two days.
  12. Switch Power And Volume Button again from Left To Right Yeah, they should just pick a side and stick to it.
  13. Note 20 Ultra Overheating while using Camera It gets warm, haven't overheated on me yet. But I admit I haven't done too much video recording.
  14. Battery drain to fast during normal task Not my experience so far. After some tests I'm seeing about the same battery life as I had with Note10+.
  15. Only offering the 512GB version of the Ultra in black My guess is they didn't expect demand to be this high. 
  16. No LED notification Light It was gone for almost two years now, since Galaxy S10.

Hi @Predator 

I think you make many good points, but surely there are at least a couple of positives, right? Maybe a couple of improvements like faster hardware, 120Hz refresh rate screen, smaller camera cutout, just a size of the screen in general, S-Pen improvements, Louder speakers, impressive zoom capabilities... to name a few.

This phone is not perfect, definitely, but it's not all bad either. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Galaxy

Everything I had have Posted above is my honest opnion about $1299.99 Note 20 Ultra!!! I personaly I didn't experience any issue with Note 20 U yet..........