Original topic:

SCREEN BLACK

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 08:33 AM)
Jax67
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My phone is 1 year and 1 month old. This is the second time my screen went completely BLACK (you think I'd be smart enough the 1st time to link it to my computer when it came back on) 🤔 anywho .... Tried the hard reset, massaging the phone, tapping on the ENTIRE PHONE, slapping it on my palm, putting it in the freezer. And still NOTHING. I hooked it up to the computer and I can hear when it connects but it's showing up as a "modem" I also contacted Samsung who told me to bring it to ubreakIfix .... It was my second trip there and they told me in as much as my screen is black they can't get into it to see what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to send this through snail mail 🙄😟😔☹️🥺 I'll never get it back..
0 Likes
8 Replies
DickBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I don't know if you Googled the problem - there are several entries that might be helpful. The following caught my eye.

https://thedroidguy.com/galaxy-note-20-wont-turn-on-1138676

0 Likes
Jax67
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yep tried them all even looked up YouTube videos they told me to massage the phone tap on the screen put it in the freezer charger for 10 minutes try to reset it tried everything & still nothing, but thank you
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
You can tell the genius at ubreakitifix people that they can connected to external monitor.
Anyway...
Boot to recovery see if it comes on
0 Likes
Jax67
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've tried everything I can't boot it to recovery cuz I can't see the screen but thank you
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Turn it phone off some how
Then hold all buttons at the same time
0 Likes
Jax67
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I will try that once the battery runs out, thank you. I have service through Samsung but I don't want my phone to be restored to factory settings 🥺
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hi, I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with your Note 20 having a black screen. If your phone or tablet displays only a blank screen, there are a few things you can check to determine the cause of the problem. For example, your device's battery might be dead, or maybe it just needs to be reset. You can try these troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001470/

Please inform me if this helps your situation. 

0 Likes
Jax67
Asteroid
Options
Note20
No it didn't work, nothing is & I DON'T WANT TO SEND IT BACK TO SAMSUNG BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE 🥺 THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WATER DAMAGE, I DID NOT DROP IT, THE CHARGING PORTS ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION & THE LDI IS COMPLETELY SOLID WHITE (I HAVE A VIDEO OF THE PHONE BEFORE I SENT IT IN FOR REPAIRS, THIS SHOULD NOT COST ME A DIME) just sayin 😘
0 Likes