Original topic:

SM-N986U1 Native Hotspot 'No Internet' with IOS Devices. Android and Windows Laptops still works.

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 08:07 PM)
Nelson1200
Constellation
Options
Note20

After updating my Note20 5G Unlocked to the One UI 3.1, Android 11, May 1st 2021 update my native hotspot doesn't work with any IOS devices. My iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6 and 8 will connect to the hotspot but will not have an internet connection.  So far all I can do is use the Speedtest.net app and get a decent speed test. My son used to browse the internet, YouTube and play Roblox on his iPad before the update. All my other Android devices and Windows laptops still work fine with the hotspot.

My APN settings (T-Mobile) are exactly the way it was before the update (with 'DUN' added).

I've tried the following with no luck:

Cleared system cache (twice)

Reboot several times

Turning off Bluetooth

Battery/Power saver set to off

Renamed Hotspot and change password

Tried 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

Now when I use PDANet Tethering app (Set proxy to 8000) I am able to get the iPad and iPhones some internet access such as browse the internet and play YouTube.  The Speed Test app will fail to complete and Roblox fails to load and displays 'No Network' message.  My son really needs his Roblox when are on the road.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Hopefully someone found a solution.

I'm almost afraid that the next update would completely render my hotspot useless to even my Android tablets and Windows Laptops.

3 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

my friends with iPhones have mentioned the same thing... unable to connect to hotspot being shared from android.

I think he received some sort of answer along the line of 'incompatible' between the two OS's which to me is hard to comprehend.

You could try to recreate the issue and submit an issue report using Samsung Memebers app. First reproduce the issue where the hotspot is turned on from the Samsung phone, and iPhone is seen to be without connection to internet/network... then submit the issue from Samsung device. Naturally it would be best if iPhone was able to take the log and share that along with the Samsung phone but... only in my dreams

Tested this with my friend. I was able to connect the iphone to my hotspot... So , i'm guessing something with the updates messed with the settings for it. Report to SM app , good luck 

Nelson1200
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thanks for your reply, MrJell_Lee.

I compared my friend's Sprint Note20 Ultra, May 1st update, and she also had the same problem using iPads and iPhones on her hotspot. I updated her phone to the June 1, 2021 update and the hotspot started working again with all our IOS devices.

Yeah, I agree that it is hard to comprehend the 'incompatible' response especially when my friend's Note20 hotspot stopped working properly after the May 1st update and then worked again after the June 1st update.

I myself installed the June 1 update and still have the some issues using the hotspot with IOS devices. The iPad is now able to run Roblox but YouTube is still unable to load videos and I can't browse the internet. The only difference between my phone and hers is that I have the unlocked version while she has the Sprint/T-Mobile version.

I have submitted an issue report today. I will update my post as I try any future updates or get a response from Samsung.
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

very strange event indeed... 

0 Likes