Still get ads. They simply are not targeted.
Go to Settings- Privacy and ensure you are not subscribed to the following. Receive Marketing Info, Customisation Service, Device Personalisation Service and Ads.
This is what I just did to workaround.
1. Open the Google app on your phone.
2. Type “weather” into the Google search box.
3. Tap the “Add” option shown in the box on top titled “Access weather instantly from your Home screen.” This will put a weather shortcut on your home screen.
4. Next we will add the Google Weather widget. Open Widgets and go to Google. Select, At a Glance.
5. Next remove the Samsung weather widget from your Home