Original topic:

Samsung Ads. Ugh.

(Topic created on: 1/9/21 8:04 AM)
thefoff
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I forgot why I don't buy Samsung products. The Ads on mobile devices and Samsung boatyard. Is killing me.  I spend full price for a high end mobile device only to have to navigate all consuming Ads everywhere. I didn't buy a Samsung TV or fridge or washer/dryer because of this on an older Samsung tablet that literally ran out of memory because of the non-removable crap. I thought Samsung had moved past that to focus on a great user experience, so I bought a Note20 Ultra 5g... ugh, it's even worse than before and there's no way to get rid of it all.  I'll keep this for a year and get a new device from another company in the fall and never buy Samsung products again.  I've learned my lesson: Samsung doesn't care about a great user experience in their products, they only care about monetizing every app and every screen and every interaction at my expense. I just can't do it. I tried... I really can't. 
7 Replies
happyTrevs
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yea, the ads suck.
thefoff
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I had every Pixel up until the 5 and I felt like they were going backwards with features, and Google Fi customer service started getting bad over the last year or two. But yeah, I guess I'll take a reduction in features over the bombardment of ads embedded in every aspect of the phone.
0 Likes
Digitaldeath187
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have every pixel phone ever made and a note 20 ultra put that in your pipe and smoke it
0 Likes
Digitaldeath187
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've spent thousands of dollars every year on Samsung products, I have begun the process of moving to OnePlus, because of ads on Samsung
thefoff
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Agreed. I'll see what the flagship 2021 phones are like and wait for T-Mo's big deal on them and then migrate to one of them, gladly trading in this horrid ad-fueled experience. I'm using this as a time to explore non-google software options as well to find the perfect balance of an effortless experience and maintaining my privacy and data.
0 Likes
koose
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Wholeheartedly agree. They have ads in the weather app for crying out loud. Samsung, fix this.
thefoff
Astronaut
Options
Note20
The worst is that two of the "favorite card" spots in Samsung Pay are taken up with Samsung Ads for financial services I'll never use. ever.