cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Financing is a Joke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to voice my feedback to Samsung Employees who I know browse this forum, and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

So I attempted to pre-order the Note 20 Ultra over the weekend on my phone internet browser. I got to my cart and clicked Samsung Financing as an option, which took me to TD Bank to fill out an application. After filling out everyhing and clicking the button "Submit Application" it instantly loaded another page that only had option for "Apply for Affirm Loan" and "Pay in Full."

I received no notice or information on the browser about what happened. Nothing about whether it was approved or denied. Of course I was confident it would be approved since I have a 732 credit score on both Transunion and Equifax with never having missed a payment in my life. Although I received no email informing what happened either. So I tried to apply for application again thinking it must not have gone through, but the same result. 

Now worried that maybe something is seriously wrong, so I called the Samsung support on Monday when they opened. They claimed this means I was denied. When I ask them why I received no email and no notification of this on the Samsung website, then they had no answer for me. All they could say is I should call TD Bank. However that still does not solve the problem why their Samsung website would not say a message whether you were approved or denied, therefore creating major confusion.

Anyways so I then called TD Bank, on hold for 1 hour and 8 minutes. So I gave up and hung up. Called Samsung support back, and they tell me the same things again. O call TD Bank back again on hold currently for 19 minutes now with no answer. This is absolute madness. Why would Samsung partner with a credit partner with such poor support who can not even explain why someone with Good credit got denied? Very strange and very disturbing. 

Has anyone else has a similar experience with Samsung Fiancning?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Financing is a Joke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, so sorry to hear about what happened @AndroidPurity . Although I'm not a Samsung employee, I had done the Samsung Financing last year when I preordered my S10+. I had the same experience, but then realized I didn't unfreeze my credit report from Experian before applying. So I did a temporary unfreeze and then went back to Samsung site to try to place my preorder again with the Samsung Financing, and it went through just fine. So I don't know if you might have a lock or freeze on your credit report, but if you do, that will definitely cause it to be denied. Other than that, I haven't had any other issues with it.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, so sorry to hear about what happened @AndroidPurity . Although I'm not a Samsung employee, I had done the Samsung Financing last year when I preordered my S10+. I had the same experience, but then realized I didn't unfreeze my credit report from Experian before applying. So I did a temporary unfreeze and then went back to Samsung site to try to place my preorder again with the Samsung Financing, and it went through just fine. So I don't know if you might have a lock or freeze on your credit report, but if you do, that will definitely cause it to be denied. Other than that, I haven't had any other issues with it.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion @Mari_K but I have not frooze my credit. So that should not be the issue.

I did finally just get threw to someone at TD Bank. He was nice and definitely thought it was strange I was denied a $21 monthly payment with a 732 credit score. Although he did not have records of the applications, so he said he would transfer me to the credit department who had the application records. Then 2 minutes later the call disconnects during the transfer. This is absolutely terrible. I am willing to bet they do not call me back.

I will certainly never do business with TD Bank for anything in the future. To make this even more strange is I used to have an Auto Loan through TD Bank which I paid on time every month with them. So they have history with me. So it is certainly extremely strange. If I get credit inquiry on my record for this I will definitely report them to the Credit Bureau unless TD Bank can provide a real legit accurate specific reason I was denied.

So now because of this I will probably have to go buy through T-Mobile receive only $500 trade in on my S10 Plus instead of $550 from Samsung, and not receive the $200 credit in free accessories. Thats such a shame. All because Samsung's financing department can not get their act together. 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you think TD Bank stinks right now, at least you'll be spared having to access your account online. Ugh.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried ordering online using a PC at Samsung.com? How about using the Shop Samsung app to do the pre-order? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I tried both my phone and on my computer. Samsung said they want me to call their e-commerce team tomorrow but I doubt anything will come of it.  At leasttleast not in time. With only 2 days left to preorder looks like my only chance to get the preorder deal is pull money out of savings or charge it to a credit card.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely reach out to the E-commerce team,maybe they can still give you the pre-order credit in the form of a coupon code to use on the Samsung site? I'm not sure if they would,but it doesn't hurt to try when you've gone through all this hassle and you want to pre-order this phone. Hope it works out for you. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
TD bank is freaking unbelievably awful! I am way past my "upgrade window" according to Samsung but can't complete it because TD bank keeps denying it even though I have enough credit to do so. I have never been able to log into my own account through their equally awful web portal which my browser alerts me is not secure. I've tried calling them and I get nowhere with them. I am now thinking that it's probably a good thing that I can't upgrade even though I enrolled in Samsung's stupid upgrade every year program, which BTW is a total lie. I am now looking at other phones and more than likely going to dump Samsung. Too many other good options out there to have to put up with this garbage.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The EXACT same thing just happened to me while trying to buy a fridge. I have an over 760 credit score. I've spent hours on the phone with Samsung and no one can answer. I'm just going to buy a different fridge brand. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Samsung Financing is a Joke

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I never got any credit inquiry on my report (thankfully). So hopefully you won't either. But that proves I was not denied. But it proves some how their website failed to apply my application.