Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 no longer gives option to work for Transferring Files when USB plugged in?

(Topic created: 04-26-2022 07:29 AM)
userVWzOssMzJQ
Constellation
Options
Note20

Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra5G no longer gives the option to work for Transferring Files, instead of charging, when plugged into Windows 10 desktop, like it used to. I assume a recent update changed this setting which used to be at the top when you plugged in the USB connection. I have searched all over in settings and can't find a way to change the setting. I need to be able to transfer files from my Galaxy Note20 Ultra5G to my desktop computer, but it is not recognized by File Explorer anymore, and the setting has disappeared. How do I get USB file transfer to work again? How do I fix this? Thank you!

1 Reply
userVWzOssMzJQ
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thank you. Mea culpa. This turned out to be mostly my fault. I plugged the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra5G into the USB port of the desktop computer, and Charging popped up like it usually does. Then I tried to swipe it to get the file transfer menu, but it never came up. 

It turns out it wasn't properly plugged in. When cleaning in the days before, I had apparently loosed the USB wire at the port of 5 USB ports adapter. When plugged in firmly, the android USB worked, and file transfer came up! Which leads to some questions:

Here is what comes up (I numbered them):

1.  Transferring files / Android Auto
2. Software Update
3. MIDI
4. Transferring Images
5. Charging Phone Only

Transcode exported video - on or off

WHICH ONE DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT WHEN TRANSFERRING IMAGES? #1 or #4?

WHICH ONE DO YO WANT WHEN TRANSFERRING VIDEO? #1 or #4?

WHAT IS MIDI?

WHAT IS ANDROID AUTO AND HOW DO YOU USE IT?

0 Likes