JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy note20 battery swelling

(Topic created: 07-22-2022 05:44 AM)
userWuapX93ikn
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hey. There is a big bug in a Samsung note S20 design. I have to face an issue due to this design.  My phone battery is swelling or over flow.  Due to this issue some cables are disconnected from the motherboard and damage the board. I visited you break I fix they said device is not repair able. Is anyone help me regarding this issue? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of your Note20 battery swelling, and can understand the concerns. We want to get this over to our specialized team as soon as possible to rectify this for you. You can call in at 1-800-726-7864, give your information, and ask to speak to the specialized team, or private message us by clicking on my username and clicking Send A Message (or follow this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8
Please make sure to include the following in your private message:
Full Name: 
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code): 
Email Address: 
Best Contact Number: 
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available) 
Model Code: 
IMEI Number: 

I apologize for this experience, and hope you contact us so we can make this right. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
Oxford
Supernova
Options
Note20
I'm not a technician, but I'm a realist. I am sure fixing it, if possible, will probably cost more than purchasing a brand new phone. Especially since there are such great deals going on right now.
0 Likes
userWuapX93ikn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
You know it is a design fault. If it is resolved with battery replacement I can pay for it. But swallow battery damage my cables and motherboard. Do you know what deal?
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Note20
If the battery swells get a new phone there is more damage inside than just the battery
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Note20

Battery swelling is just a fact of life with Li-On batteries.  This happens across the board, regardless of manufacturer, or device.  I had an external battery that had this happen, and it popped of the metal housing that it was in.  On laptops this has a habit of ruining the Touch Pad as  it swells under the touch pad to the point of bending the touch pad.  The only way around this is to use older battery technology, such as Ni-Cad, or Ni-MH, which do not have the charging capacity, and have the annoying battery "Memory" where every charge reduces the battery capacity to some extent.

0 Likes
userWuapX93ikn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Battery swell is normal issue but it damage connectors those wires that are upper side of the battery with main board.
0 Likes
userWuapX93ikn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
One issue create multiple issues.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Note20

Yessir, one issue does in fact create multiple issues.  This is not a design flaw, as the device was not DESIGNED to have the battery swell.  It is simple physics here, if something grows in size to be bigger then it's surroundings, something is going to break.

0 Likes
userWuapX93ikn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I know it. But they can move these sensitive wires some other side. Whit this if battery swelling it will not damage other parts. Because battery replacement is less cost instead of main board.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Note20

There is not an infinate ammount of space inside the device.  if the battery swelled in a slightly different way, it could have hit the area you consider to be safe.  It is impossible to plan for an event that only occurs in .1 percent of devices.  Your device is 3 years old in 2 months, this usually only happens on batteries once they age.  The device is not under warranty at this point, or they would have replaced it.  While I am sorry that this happened to you, I am not willing to place the blame on Samsung, especially as battery swelling COULD be caused by misuse, or bad charging tactics.

0 Likes