JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Internet pop-up "Install this website as a web app on the app screen"

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 04:59 PM)
ZebulonDal22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Anyone find a way to get the popup "Install this website as a web app on the app screen" to stop popping up on every single website you go to on Samsung Internet??? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@ZebulonDal22 That is weird. For troubleshooting you could try booting in safe mode. If you don't see this while booted in safe mode, it is caused by a 3rd party app. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@ZebulonDal22 I haven't seen anything like that. Can you provide a screenshot of this happening and/or a website that this happens on?

ZebulonDal22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
On almost every single web page I click onScreenshot_20210729-205002_Samsung Internet_4609.jpg
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@ZebulonDal22 That is weird. For troubleshooting you could try booting in safe mode. If you don't see this while booted in safe mode, it is caused by a 3rd party app. 

View solution in context

ZebulonDal22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
How do you boot in safe mode? And when you do, after I check do I just restart and then it's back to normal?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@ZebulonDal22 

"How do you boot in safe mode?"

Swipe down from the top of the screen with 2 fingers. Click the power button. Long press on the "Power Off" button until the "Safe mode" button appears. Click "Safe mode".

"And when you do, after I check do I just restart and then it's back to normal?"

Yes

ZebulonDal22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Yep, you were right...3rd party app
ZebulonDal22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
How do I find out which app it is?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@ZebulonDal22 

"How do I find out which app it is?"

That can take a while. You can

1. Delete a group of them
  2. Test.
  3. If you still see the issue, repeat steps 1 and 2. If the issue is gone, the troublesome app is in the last group that you deleted.