Original topic:

Samsung Note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 2/16/21 12:14 PM)
Empress7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have a question, I have noticed that my screen will fade out really quickly. I have changed the screen lock out times and it still will fade within it seems like mini seconds.... can anyone suggest or guide me in how to make it longer?

Thanks! 

7 Replies
Options
Note20
Settings > Display > Screen Timeout?
If you did that already, is it possible youre in a call (or an app glitched) and youre technically "stuck" in a call?
^ [ If you cover the top of your device, where the earpiece is, does it fade out? ]
Options
Note20
^ If this is the case, its the proximity sensor that is used to turn off the display when the device thinks youre placing it to your face/ear to prevent accidental touches. If youre used to using bluetooth headsets when in calls then it could be confusing at first :p
Empress7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Thank you for responding! yes and no. Meaning, just like if I pause for a minute while typing this in, it will fade out. Now, it does that when I am on a call or many times listening to a voice message.
Options
Note20
It still happens after adjusting screen timeout? iI personally set mine to the max at 10 minutes cause it is annoying. Do you maybe have this feature enabled:
Settings > Advanced Features > Motion and Gestures > Keep screen on while viewing?
It uses the camera to watch if your eyes have left the screen
0 Likes
Empress7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Yes, but I have noticed even if I put it higher it would still do it 🤦🏾‍:female_sign:🤦🏾‍:female_sign: let me look at the advanced features to see if that will be of help. thanks so much. I will let you know :)
Options
Note20
Okay :)
Empress7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Well well....check this out! I did notice the option of "while eyes are on screen" was not on. So, I did slide that to be on now. Also, I learned that I can just tap on the screen to make it come on and go off! I said hey now! 8) Thank you for all your valid things to look at!
0 Likes