Original topic:

Samsung Note20 Ultra - Callers can't hear me but I can hear them (whether speaker or bluetooth)

(Topic created: 05-31-2021 02:00 PM)
usergYdTwxSZ4r
Constellation
Options
Note20

I purchased a Note20 Ultra on 09/05/20 and now in the last 4 or 5 days in the middle of a call the person I am calling cannot hear me but I can hear them.  This is true whether I am on bluetooth, speakerphone, or phone held to my ear.

When it happens and I hang up and call back I get the same results.  The only way to resolve the problem is to power the phone off and restart it.

I am on Verizon network.

I know that it has a 1 year but hopefully can be resolved without having to return the phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

Blake

5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@usergYdTwxSZ4r 

Have you tried booting in safe mode and then taking a call while in safe mode?

landonloco
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Safe mode disables cellular connections so that can't be done
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@landonloco 

"Safe mode disables cellular connections so that can't be done"

Safe mode disables 3rd party apps and extensions. It is used to determine if a 3rd party app or extension is causing an issue. 

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

if you don't want to try testing your device in safemode or has already done so but didn't see a fix... then try submitting an issue report to Samsung Members app after reproducing the problem, it'll allow the tech to collect the issue log and see what is going on during the call. Hopefully it'll find the cause and fix it.

by the way, what device is the other end using? is it everyone who is calling you experiencing this?

Install the FATA Auto app and reproduce the issue

0 Likes
userxvyMHs9VZd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I've had this on several occasions too.  Its inexcusable and the Samslung suggestions of have you tried turning your phone off, restarting, calling again, resetting the network, turn off Wi-Fi calling, change your SIM card, get a new mother board etc have a lot of gall & audacity. The real answer is a poorly designed antenna and/or flawed circuit board. In other words, their top of the line supper phone is great except a s a phone. 

Likely in your case turning off Wi-Fi calling may work... till the next problem,

0 Likes