Original topic:

Samsung Notes on Android 11

(Topic created on: 12/24/20 4:22 AM)
shawgirl
Constellation
Options
Note20

A couple days ago my phone updated to the latest version Android 11 and UI 3.0.  Everything looks great except that my Samsung Notes app has changes significantly.   So much that it has been almost unusable for me.  Before the update I was able to easily move the window around the screen if needed, when the app not in full screen.  All the controls were at the top.  Easy to get to.  I was able to maximize, minimize and close the note with great ease.  After the update this has been impossible.   I can hardly move the the window around, as sometimes I need to get to something behind the note.  The controls at the top to close the note, maximize and minimize are impossible to bring up.  When the app opens it opens in a widow and does not maximize.  When I try to move the window in anyway, the only thing I can do is resize the window.  Every once in a while I can get the window to move and usually this is moving it with the pen dragging about 1/2 inch above the window.  I can't hardly get to the controls to maximize the screen as well as this only comes up very infrequently as well.  And this is by chance.  I can't reinstall this app as it is a app that comes with the phone, I tried.  I have been on the phone for hours with Samsung support and no luck.  Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
SuperiorSide906
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm in the same boat. Any luck on this yet? very frustrating to say the least.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Have you made sure that app was up to date?

Have you tried clearing the cache for the app?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes