Original topic:

Samsung OneUI 3 "Hide Notch" Removal

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 10:51 AM)
Consumed
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I owned the Note 9 awhile back and was disappointed in the low megapixel camera. I sold it and got the Huawei Mate 20 Pro ( I've had multiple Huawei phones now).
I've given Samsung another chance and upgraded from my Mate to the Note 20 Ultra. I upgraded to OneUI 3/Android 11 to only find out that the notch option has been cut. Hauwei and Xiaomi both have hide notch option and also include seeing notifications in the hidden notch area.
I've gotten past this by flashing back to OneUI 2.5/Android 10 via Odin. Samsung seems to removing features rather than adding them...
Anyone think Samsung will add this option back in the near future? If not, I'll be stuck on OneUI 2.5 and Android 10 forever.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Note20
There's always the app Natcho Notch from the Play Store that'll hide the camera pin hole until they bring the feature back in a software update.
Consumed
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I've tried Nacho Notch and it only works in Portrait Mode. Once you flip it to landscape, apps that use full screen will show the full screen, pin hole included.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

good lock thats compatible on OneUI3 will have the feature that hides camera hole, and i heard it will be released sometime in feb

Options
Note20

Good Lock is NOW available for OneUI 3.  Not sure where this particular setting is though...

0 Likes