JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to file share with my PC?

(Topic created: 01-26-2023 04:56 PM)
userv7p46ahRXr
Constellation
Options
Note20

Can anyone find the usb settings on Samsung, I am trying to connect my phone (note20) to a windows computer but I can't find the setting in the phone to change it from charging to file sharing, popup does not appear

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userv7p46ahRXr
Constellation
Options
Note20
I changed cables and and that fixed it

On the other hand if anyone wants to find the USB options you must first activate developer options and they are in there

View solution in context

4 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Good evening, I hope you're doing well.

There's a little bit of a trick to get to this hidden feature. Here's how you do that.

First you'll need to connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable (USB-C to USB-A if you have one of those cables lying around)

Next once you have your phone physically connected to your PC and you hear the chime that it's attempting to connect>Swipe down your notification shade with one finger. You should see an option that says "USB for file transfer"> tap on this notification which will take you into a menu. You'll need to make sure both "This device" at the top are highlighted and also "transferring files/Android Auto" are highlighted as well.

Once you do these options then you can transfer files physically between your phone to your PC.

Also if you have either Samsung Dex, and or Link to Windows installed on your phone and PC, you can also achieve this same method wirelessly (for Samsung Dex, you'll need to have Dex enabled on your phone, and Samsung Dex installed on your PC) and for Link To Windows (you'll need a Microsoft account, and the Link to Windows app installed pn your Note 20)

I hope this helps.
Options
Note20

Hello,

Maybe your USB cable is broken, try using a different cable. And try re-installing Android drivers.

0 Likes
Options
Note20
Nice very good news. 👍
0 Likes
Solution
userv7p46ahRXr
Constellation
Options
Note20
I changed cables and and that fixed it

On the other hand if anyone wants to find the USB options you must first activate developer options and they are in there