cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung did not put my phone in my box

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I pre-ordered Samsung Note 20 (regular, not Ultra) and with the $100 extra credit I got UV Sanitizer, Travel Charger, and Galaxy Buds+ (I did have to put in another $50 beyond my $100 credit). So that's a total of 4 items including the phone. I received my package today and there was no phone in the box. I called Samsung and at first we thought maybe from FedEx went in the box and stole it but resealed it, but then they were able to find out that the box left their warehouse weighing 3 lbs. So I weighed the box with the 3 items in it (obviously, no phone) and it still weighs 3 lbs. So that proves that their packer either forgot to pack it or stole it. Should be end of story, right? Nope. Samsung says that they aren't going to help me and I should file a police report.

Beware of Samsung. I've been a loyal customer of theirs since the S4 back in the days , but no more. They were rude on the phone and in the chats, wouldn't try to help me, and just kept telling me to file a police report. I asked them to check the video footage of their packer packing my order. I asked them to tell me that if they really did send the phone, then they should have a record of the serial number or IMEI number, but they kept telling me to file a police report. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, they put me on hold for half an hour, then hung up on me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Samsung did not put my phone in my box

JUMP TO SOLUTION
File a complaint with BBB. I did once on a TV and I got phone calls within the week to take care of me. I recieved a tv with shattered screen. They tired to blow me off, hangs up etc. It wasn't Samsung but it can't hurt.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
😲 OMG!!!! Wow! I'm absolutely speechless. Wow. Have you tried calling back again?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've called several times and they said that there was a long delay and they would call me back, which they did. I also chatted with someone in the chat window in the web browser. They all told me the same thing - file a police report. I begged them to check the video of their packer so they would see that the phone was not packed. I also said that there would have to be a record of a serial # or IMEI # but they didn't check or care. I then asked for supervisor twice and they hung up on me both times after holding for a long time.

And I have been a very loyal Samsung customer for a long time (since the Galaxy S4). My refridgerator is Samsung, my TV is Samsung, all my phones over the years have always been Samsung. I will never do business with them again after the way they treated me and wouldn't even try to help or look into things on their end.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That is outrageous!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of this surprises me. Samsung has terrible customer service. Been on the phone with them all day. My note 20 ultra has a purple square in to0 left corner when recording, bad sensor according to them. All that's fine an can be forgiven until they told me my phone is my phone, and they will not send me a replacement, will only fix what I have. So I paid 1300 for a phone that now has to have all it's factory seals broken and is basically a refurb at this point??? No, I'm returning and never buying from Samsung again. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm totally done with Samsung too. Been a loyal customer of theirs for many years, but this is just too much now. They are incompetent and rude and they don't care about their customers at all. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
wow. i would file a police report and be the wheel with squeaky grease with samsung. that phone has to be expensive. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
wouldn't you need info like the serial number and IMEI for the police report? I mean it makes sense that they'd ask for that info to try to track it down in case that phone is ever activated and connected to a network.
Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION
File a complaint with BBB. I did once on a TV and I got phone calls within the week to take care of me. I recieved a tv with shattered screen. They tired to blow me off, hangs up etc. It wasn't Samsung but it can't hurt.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Better Business Bureau was a huge help. After filing a complaint against Samsung, low and behold Samsung all of a sudden knew how to have a supervisor (or someone at a higher level than their normal phone workers) call me back, despite never getting me to a supervisor in the past and usually hanging up on me. They finally refunded me for the phone I never received, only thanks to the BBB complaint as far as I can tell, because they weren't doing anything before that.

I'm still so disappointed in the way Samsung handled the entire situation but releived now that it is resolved. I'm just so angry at Samsung right now that I'm not even going to try to reorder the Note 20. I'm going to really, really try to stick with my Note 9 and not upgrade to Note 20 now. I hope I can stick to this because they really don't deserve my business.