JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung inconsistent text send and receive

(Topic created: 09-10-2020 05:08 AM)
userJXl7dCxLBU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I just switched from an iPhone to the Galaxy Note 20, the problem I'm having is not all my messages are coming through.  I visited the T-Mobile store and they claimed it was my old phone intercepting the messages.  I believe the messages should've come across on both devices, but I shut down the iPhone anyway.  I still cannot, consistently, receive or send messages to my contacts, especially to the other line on my account.   I reset the phone and verified the Message center # is correct.  Has anyone had this issue or have a solution?

6 Replies
33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
1st: turn off your galaxy. 2nd: turn on your iPhone and head over to the "messages" settings. (make sure wifi is on) 3rd: toggle off "iMessage" feature. 4th: it's also recommended to toggle off "facetime" setting too. 5th: Enjoy your new Galaxy!
0 Likes
userJXl7dCxLBU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks for the quick replay.  Short of Facetime, I already completed those steps.  I also just signed out of my apple account and sent a test message, I'll follow up with the outcome.

0 Likes
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Note20
Do you have any other Apple computers or iPad? You also need to turn off iMessage on every one of them if you do. iMessage is great, but it's very obtrusive in the way it takes over.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userJXl7dCxLBU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks for the reminder,  forgot about an old iPad.  So far it appears to be okay except I haven't received sent texts and I cannot text with other phone on account.  Will share outcome after shutting down iPad.   It's those antics that contributed to my choice to leave Apple 

0 Likes
useryYS1B53cec
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Definitely make sure you have imessages turned off. If you are still having issues and you shouldn't try google messages.
0 Likes
userJXl7dCxLBU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Finally got all my previous texts but had to jump to Google message.  Samsung message remains inconsistent,  I receive some not all. Thanks for the assistance.