cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung note 20 ultra 5g keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 20 ultra 5g keeps freezing when I open my phone or when I put my pattern password also when charging and trying to open the phone. I have to wait till it turns off again and try to open it again. Its really annoying especially its a $1500.00 phone also it'll say "samsung UI not responding ".

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung note 20 ultra 5g keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to duplicate the symptoms in safe mode or after wiping the system cache partition?

Safe mode will disable any third-party apps from running in the background that may be causing the device to freeze.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

If the symptoms still occur in this mode, I would recommend deleting each individual third-party app until the symptoms don't occur anymore.

If the symptoms persist within safe mode the unit may require service. Please reach out to a local UbreakiFix in your area or reach out to one of our moderators for more service options. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I too am having this issue on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. It happens anywhere, on any app, at any time of the day. I've noticed it is usually triggered when touching the screen. It can be really annoying if you need to use your phone in that very instant. I have done a factory reset where it deletes everything on the phone 3 times, nothing has resolved this issue. Waiting for an update to see if it fixes the issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Let's try wiping the system cache partition on the device.

1. Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
  2. Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
  3. Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
  4. Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
  5. Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select the Reboot system now.
  8. The device restarts once the wipe is finished.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello SamsungJoJo, thank you for this response, I am trying it out now. I'll usually freeze at least once a day, so I'll try to report back.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ironically enough, I was coming on to this page to say that the phone had not frozen in two days, and it froze. 😭

So that did not work.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to trigger your phone into freezing?

Does it freeze while your phone is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, it freezes completely at random. Some days it will freeze twice, other days it won't freeze at all. I spent almost an entire week with the phone not freezing and then it froze twice in a matter of 30 minutes. It's the strangest thing.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to duplicate the symptoms in safe mode or after wiping the system cache partition?

Safe mode will disable any third-party apps from running in the background that may be causing the device to freeze.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

If the symptoms still occur in this mode, I would recommend deleting each individual third-party app until the symptoms don't occur anymore.

If the symptoms persist within safe mode the unit may require service. Please reach out to a local UbreakiFix in your area or reach out to one of our moderators for more service options. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 20 ultra freezes randomly also. First I thought it was reception but freezes at on home sceen and all applications. Usually for about 10 seconds. Thinking about returning it as it was too expensive to have these issues. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, after speaking to both Samsung and AT&T and going through an array of "solutions", both Samsung and AT&T came to the conclusion that my phone needed to be replaced.

FYI: It has to be a defect in the hardware, not the software. Reason I believe this is because I cleard the cache as mentioned before, then reset the phone to factory settings, erasing all data on the phone. I did not install a single app or anything other than how the phone came out the box. I didn't even sign into the phone with google to get my contacts. The phone crashed while I was sending a text message, withint 8 hours of the reset.