Original topic:

Samsung smart tag

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 01:10 AM)
userRB6gcyPwa9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hi, I have 6 smart tags linked to my note 20 device. I was wondering if incase I lose my phone, will all the 6 tags be useless for me or can I sign in to my gmail and untie them from my previous phone?

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
0 Likes
userRB6gcyPwa9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

If i lose the phone can i reset it online on web and tag it to another device?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Good afternoon. Should you lose the phone, remove the lost device from your Samsung Account, then set up his new phone with the same Samsung Account and SmartThings account that's attached to the Smart Tags. The new device will register the tags automatically.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

If your SmartTag is not working properly, or if you plan to connect it to another phone, you can perform a reset. To do this, you need to physically remove and reinsert its battery.

1. First, open the SmartTag’s battery cover. To do this, insert the tip of your finger or a flat object (such as a guitar pick or credit card) into the notch on the bottom of the SmartTag, and then pull until the battery cover comes off.

2. Remove the battery, and then press and hold the button on the center of the SmartTag.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes