JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Saved edit photos on my Note 20 are getting deleted

(Topic created: 07-12-2021 01:17 PM)
Raysd
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Why is my android note 20 deleting my edited photos??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Raysd 

In the past, when you made edits to a photo and saved it a new photo would appear which would be the edited photo. In the Gallery you would see the original and the edited photo. 

Now, when you make edits and click save it hides the original and only the edited version shows up in the Gallery. To return to the original, edit the changed photo and click Revert near the top left of the screen. This shows the original unedited photo. Then you can click Save and have the original showing in the Gallery.

To go back to the original experience, when you are done editing, click the 3 dot menu and select "Save copy". Now in your Gallery you will see both the original and the edited photo... just like the old days. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Raysd 

In the past, when you made edits to a photo and saved it a new photo would appear which would be the edited photo. In the Gallery you would see the original and the edited photo. 

Now, when you make edits and click save it hides the original and only the edited version shows up in the Gallery. To return to the original, edit the changed photo and click Revert near the top left of the screen. This shows the original unedited photo. Then you can click Save and have the original showing in the Gallery.

To go back to the original experience, when you are done editing, click the 3 dot menu and select "Save copy". Now in your Gallery you will see both the original and the edited photo... just like the old days. 

Raysd
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks! Im not sure why they changed this. If we want to edit a photo, we should have both in our gallery, imo.