Original topic:

Screen goes black during calls | Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 10:44 AM)
userNjeA4lSTyH
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hello, 

I've tried all the setting changes and my screen still goes black during calls. This is SUPER annoying, please help.

0 Likes
7 Replies
J0SEPHMATTHEW
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I think that's how it's supposed to be... Unless a video call going black there's no point to just see the keypad, so to save battery the screen goes off... Are the calls dropping? If not I would say that's a proper function
0 Likes
userNjeA4lSTyH
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks for the response. I haven't done a video call yet to know if that is an issue there as well.

I was just hoping I could enable "Smart Stay" and as an option, turn off the screen if I wanted to during a call.

0 Likes
MJFrithjof
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hi there! This is not an issue, it is made to be a feature. Please understand that for the screen to not go black, you must be directly looking at the phone. If it does however, double tap the screen to turn it on. This feature is made to preserve battery life.
0 Likes
userNjeA4lSTyH
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks for the response. I have the double-tap set up in my settings, and doesn't seem to be a problem when my phone isn't in use, but during a call, it doesn't seem to function as well.

Thought there was a way to enable "Smart Stay", but not a feature any longer, I guess.

0 Likes
MJFrithjof
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I am so sorry to hear this. If you are in the United States, I would highly recommend that you call Samsung Support at +1-800-726-7864
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Its still there... Search (keep screen on while viewing) and turn it on, that's the new smart stay
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Also make sure all ur sensors at the top are not covered or shadowed by ur phone case or extra thick screen protector...
0 Likes