Original topic:

Screen is completely black even it's turned on

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 9:27 PM)
userumiu8n1rsL
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hello, I was just watching on my phone when suddenly the screen went black even though I can still hear sound and notifications coming from my phone. It's completely black. I tried restarting it and I can hear the sound but still nothing shows up in the screen. I left it overnight turned off but that didn't fix it. Please help. Should I bring it back to my mobile service provider? Or can this be fixed without sending my phone there? I have noted and messages I use for work everyday and this is really frustrating :pensive_face:

1 Reply
AdrienneR
Astronaut
Options
Note20
It sounds to me like your lcd went out... the lcd is usually comes standard with the touch screen digitizer and the combo , unfortunately, can run you upwards of $325 just for the part... Not to mention the HUGE mark up on labor for installation... For example, i recently was quoted $150 dollars to replace the screen on my A51 and after doing a bit of research I discovered the part could be bought for less than $20... Ive heard this is pretty standard in the phone repair business. My advice is if possible, send it in to be repaired... you may get lucky and they will find that the phone is defective and will fix it for free...
0 Likes