cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen off memo not working.

I like the phone. But ran into an issue with the screen off memo not working. I have the option on but won't activate when I remove my spen. Anyone else having this issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Screen off memo not working.

Same here..

S pen works for all the functions except for simple writing on the off screen.

Tried clearing the cache of Samsung Notes and Samsung Notes add On, tried clearing the cache partition (Phone).. didn't help.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Have you tried Settings -> Advanced features -> S Pen and turn off "Screen off memo", exit settings and then go back and turn it on?

Another question, when you remove the S Pen when the screen is on, do you see the pen icon in the top of the screen (right side)? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Screen off memo not working.

@LongHiker tried the first option an still doesn't work. also yes I have the pen icon on the top right when removed with screen on.
Highlighted
Astronaut

same here, I just got the phone last week
Highlighted
Constellation

I just did a factory reset and now my off screen memo is working.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi guys. Same boat here. Both my Note 10 Plus and 20 Ultra's screen off memo not working. Already cleared the cache/storage and uninstalling Notes. Those didn't work. I also checked if the Notes as was put to sleep or optimized for battery but it's not. Am all out of answers or luck. Would appreciate any leads. Thank you all in advance. Stay safe everyone. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes! Bought a Galaxy Note 10+ only 4 days ago. In those 4 days I received notification to run 4 updates, all said they were security updates. I hadn't had a chance to use the Screen Off Memo feature until today when I tried to use it and it's not working. Nor is the sound that the phone makes usually when you remove the pen. ( this is my 5th Galaxy Note). I checked all the settings, rebooted, cleared cache (haha, its only 4 days old, hardly used notes yet.)

All othe pen functions are working.

Taking it back to Verizon tomorrow.