JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure Folder Notifications

(Topic created on: 12/19/20 12:30 AM)
CaptIronMan3K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Anyone else can't see a preview of the notification in secure folder? If I select show content in the app it shows outside of app as well otherwise it stays hidden. How can I get it back to the way it was before the update?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Guyshir
Constellation
Options
Note20

I found a solution, though it is tedious to setup, but works once you have done.

Let's think about Secure Folder as being a separate lock screen. So, our phone has 2 lock screens.

Once you are are in Secure folder, go to settings (by clicking on 3 dots) -> Notifications and Data -> and enable the "Show Content" and "Hide Content on Lock Screen" options. 

And now begins the tedious work.

Start, by going in Secure Folder Settings -> Apps -> <App Name> -> Notifications. In this you will see various types of notifications possible in the app. Open each one, change "Show Content" to "Hide Content" under "Lock Screen" option. Basically what I feel is that, Samsung by default as left all the notification settings on "Show Content" which makes it show outside, or if you change it, it doesn't show anywhere (even within Secure Folder).

I checked this solution by sending email from one account to an other email account logged in Secure Folder Gmail, and by playing with "Show Content" under individual App settings, you can have more control over the things which you want to show.

If this works, please like and promote this as a solution. It will hopefully get attention help Samsung to implement in the upcoming patch.

View solution in context

0 Likes
31 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

secure folder - 3dots - setting - notification and data - show content?

CaptIronMan3K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
yes. I tried that and it doesn't work.
BigM12
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have the same issue since updating to Android 11
CaptIronMan3K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
hopefully it's something they fix. I still don't have the spotify and YouTube in my keyboard yet
DanTheGuy720
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Selecting "Show content" doesn't fix it for me, nor does unlocking Secure Folder. Very frustrating that I can't see my conversations till I open the app directly.
CaptIronMan3K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Right. It was working perfectly before the recent update.
Miheeth
Constellation
Options
Note20
same here. worst update
JustMe1
Astronaut
Options
Note20
How do we contact them with this issue since none of us can figure it out? I'm new here, with the same problem.
CaptIronMan3K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I'm not sure. never tried