Original topic:

Seri vs Bixby

(Topic created on: 4/11/21 9:01 AM)
RonDuMond
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I had a loaner I phone replacing my Note 20 Ultra 5G for one month. I was always against IPHONE. I must say though after using it for a month I am seriously considering changing over. The biggest reason comes down to  Bixby vs Seri. There is absolutely no comparison unfortunately. Very disappointing as I love my android. One last shot at keeping my Android as I see how Google voice does??? Otherwise I'm gone. Just thought those of you at Bixby should know you are way far behind and the app is not good in comparison. Thanks. 
5 Replies
Options
Note20
Bixby vs Siri isn't a good comparison. Bixby is best used for controlling the device. A better comparison would be Siri vs Google Assistant, which I found to be a much better personal assistant.
Bev1110
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I don't use Bixby at all. It's a bother.
0 Likes
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I had an iPhone up until last year and didn't use Siri either. The only way in which they compare is that they are both near useless ;)
0 Likes
userBqCI1Ci844
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have always disliked Apple "attitude" towards the droid users - basically towards all of the non-Apple users in general. I refuse to buy an Apple product.

To me, they do not "play fair". For example, in terms of certain programs and apps, Apple will not share any of what they created with any of the "Non-Apples" (the Droid & PC users, Google users, Microsoft people, etc; anything NOT Apple). Yet, the Non-Apples DO share their apps and programs with Apple - and continues to do so! For example, Apple users CAN actually use and install Microsoft's Office; and Apple can also have access to anything Google.

It would have been really nice if Apple shared some of what they had - like Facetime. Yea...we finally have Duo and there are other programs we can finally use use as well (like the video call part from the "whats up" app and the video call part FB's "messenger"). However, those video call programs are NOT the same as Facetime. Not only that, the Non-Apple person has to access another app, which the person that they are talking to has to be on as well in order to "Facetime" each other. It would just be nice to have all of the carriers and types of phones (iPhones, Droids, land line phones, etc) to have access to EVERY video call - just like we all have access to making a regular phone call. Or, someone who has a droid can easily make a regular phone call to someone with an iphone; or an AT&T phone customer can easily call a Verizon customer(it doesn't matter!).

Another application that would have been nice for Apple to share would have been their texting application so that those of us who are Non- Apples can actually send a video that is longer then 5 seconds OR send a decent condensed video. That would have been very nice and would have been an example that they were/are playing fair! Also, get rid of the snobby attitude - "Genius Bar"?!? personally do not like that! And "Genius Bar"? Puh-lease!

I know that I am looking at Apple as though it is a person...LOL.

But...I DO taking pictures and I really love Samsung Galaxy's camera(s)! Two of my friends have the "top-notch" iPhone and my camera on my Galaxy Note 20 5G kicks butt with their Apple cameras. All 3 of us DO agree that my Droids camera does surpass the iPhones camera especially in terms of picture quality. Again, the only thing in terms of the camera that Samsung needs to work on in therms in "camera/video" is allowing us a better way to send an actual (not a huge or king one, but one that can be at least 3-5 minutes minimum long and of good or okay quality. I am sure Samsung CAN find a way.
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

I've had apple phones before switching to android. Thanks to bixby, I don't even have to touch my phone. It does everything including settings. I even control things in my house. The only part I feel needs work is the wake-up feature as it's not sensitive enough!!

0 Likes