Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Another rear camera crack

Nothing resolved so far.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Another rear camera crack

This is interesting. There hasn't been many reports of this happening on the note 20. All the other posts are for the s20.
Highlighted

Not to be rude, but this is my conclusion based on what you wrote.

You cracked the screen on your brand new phone, and so immediatly bought an otterbox defender case to put it in so that you could illicit sympathy from the people here.

How do I come to that conclusion?  You wrote:

Typically I am not a fan of phone cases. They're clunky, annoying and in my opinion detract from the overall appearance and usability of the device.

As a person who had a note 2 in an otterbox, I feel the same way, this case doubled the thickness and weight of the phone, and I never even dropped it once, so I do not use cases any more other than minimal ones, such as the Silicone case that my note 20 ultra is currently in.

So to me, someone who hates cases, would NOT buy the biggest, bulkiest one before even powering on the phone.

Also, your picture of you phone shows a disregard for its safety, as what it is sitting on is far from level.  The crack itself, should not even hamper it's functionality as it does not go over any lenses, so not even sure why it is an issue, other than asthetics.

As for the 100's of posts about this happening, I have not seen 1, not for the Note20 Ultra, which uses a different glass than the S20 ultra uses.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

You are bein g rude!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Shattered camera glass. No impact.

Not samsung specific. You can find pages and pages of reports of camera glass cracking on virtually any phone. It's just a matter of how glass is produced. The tiniest of defects in the glass production process can later lead to spontaneous shatters. Just searched on the Apple Community forums and saw a 19 page thread of people with shattered glass on their iPhone 11 pros.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Shattered camera glass. No impact.

Until there is actually video evidence of "tempered glass" breaking on its own without impact it will just be another unsolved mystery.
Highlighted
Constellation

Ive never dropped mine my phone doesn't have a scratch on it.. put it on the couch for 1 sec and camera glass was cracked.. who replaces it? with out having to ship my phone of for a few days
Highlighted

uBreakiFix is an authorized Samsung repair center.  They are a place where you drop off your phone, and then either wait in their lobby, or come back an hour or two later and pick up your repaired phone.  Two hours without your phone is WAAAY better than upwards of two weeks!

Highlighted

Cracked or shattered glass anywhere on your expensive device can be worrying.  I'm glad Samsung is addressing the issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Shattered camera glass. No impact.

They are addressing this with the note 20 Ultra?